Self assessment problems

Janej
Janej Registered Posts: 50 Epic contributor 🐘
Is anyone else having problems with HMRC self assessment online? Ive just completed a self assessment on the HMRC website and got to the save your return section. I usually save as a colour copy and then print and send to the client for authorisation but the front page of the return does not show the client name, address, UTR or NINO. Strangely if you opt to save as a black and white copy the info is all on there as usual. The black and white copy doesnt look anything like the usual return so I am a bit reluctant to use that. Ive called the agent helpline at HMRC but they couldnt help and told me someone from the helpdesk would call me back in a couple of hours but that was at 10 this morning. Ive checked on another client and its the same story. I cant really send my client the return to sign if it hasnt even got his name on it.
Im hoping its not just me :(
Jane

Comments

• Janej
    Sorry I probably wasnt clear. I am an agent so I sign in using my details and complete on their behalf.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Hi @Janej
    I hope you have it all sorted now.
    I assume you are doing a 2016-17 return? I don't think a lot of us use the HMRC SA tool - I have tried on my software (TaxCalc) and it's seems to be working fine. Sometimes it could just be a bug in the update that will get sorted once enough people have complained to HMRC. :/
  • Janej
    Hi MarieNoelle
    Its not sorted yet, but I have been back onto the online services helpdesk today and they have escalated it so I am hoping it wont be too long before its rectified. I use the HMRC SA tools as quite a bit of my work is for subbies, which is why I am trying to file in April so they get their refunds. Ive now got three all completed and just waiting for this to be resolved. Obvs my clients are not going to pay me until they are filed so Im going to keep complaining to them until its sorted :)
    Jane
  • Janej
    This is still not sorted out, apparently their software bods are still looking for a fix. What software do people use for filing self assessment? I only have approx 20 -25 per year so need something reasonably priced
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Hi @Janej
    This comes up regularly on the forum, for example here is one discussion that may be of help.
  • Janej
    Just trawling though the list of HMRC approved commercial software, anyone used Andica for filing SA ????
  • Janej
    Thanks MarieNoelle.
  • Ethne
    Ethne Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    > @Janej said:
    > Just trawling though the list of HMRC approved commercial software, anyone used Andica for filing SA ????

I use Andica for SA800 and CT600 and would recommend it. Having the same problems with HMRC online filed my own return today and no name or address was show on the saved colour copy
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    TaxCalc for me.
  • Janej
    Thanks Ethne & Bertie. :)
  • Janej
    Ive found a way to get the client details on the pdf return so my clients can authorise a return that actually has their details on it. . I wish I'd discovered it a month ago. Needless to say HMRC haven't come back to me yet.
Privacy Policy