Hobbies

Do you have any?

I've been meaning to take up running for the past two years - seems very middle class, less you're wearing jeans and running from the police.

Tried cycling - caused all sorts of laughter when wearing lycra.

Planned on becoming a Rock Star the once, bought the guitar, bought the book - 'How to play the guitar - for dummies'

Need some excitement. Might try skydiving.

Comments

• Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139

Pool and darts. Usually in a pub.

this.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    I like pool. Snooker is good too, although after three frames it feels like I've walked five miles.

Too much of a Health and Safety issue to stick a dart board in my local.
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Went snooker yesterday and managed a 5-1 victory over the oppo! In the pub, with beer, naturally.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    edited June 2017
    I like running or walking - I have two very energetic dogs and miles of National Trust on my doorstep. Makes a nice change from being in front of a computer all day. :)

Edit: Is it Friday yet?
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    There are a couple of races in West Yorkshire which would be right up your street Mickdundee.

The first is a keg race, it's only a short race which requires you to transport a keg up an incline to finish at the pub.
    (cheap delivery service)

The other from memory can be done as a solo event or teams but it's a pub crawl which you have to run from one pub to the next - no point in wasting time and then once you've necked your pint it's off to the next.

For me hills are for running up!
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    there's nothing wrong with a bit of lifting :sweat_smile: i mostly do a mix of weightlifting, powerlifting and crossfit type working out at the gym, twice a week. keep meaning to start running again but would need to get another pair of decent running shoes
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Language barrier could be a problem as well?

Thought you might be up for some culture!

Have you passed a £10 a pint yet?
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I'm also a runner. Hills is my thing too. This is my Sunday sorted - http://www.hayhotfooters.co.uk/magicroundabout.htm
    If you are serious about getting started then many clubs have 0-5k groups which often leading to running a parkrun (www.parkrun.org)
    Regards,

Burg
  • Bertie
    I'd like to be able to run 10 km in a reasonable time.

Running seems like the perfect exercise.

May try the couch to 5k and go from there.
  • BlueJeans
    BlueJeans Registered Posts: 56
    Travelling....mind you, there are places in London I never been lol
    Believe you can and you're halfway there...
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖

West Yorkshire is a bit far for me. I'm sure my profile states London or some other southern city ;)

There are two pub crawls worth doing in WY - Otley run and Ale Trail. And no lifting involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otley_Run

http://www.realaletrail.net

Yep, the IP you got yourself after we banned you was in Slough I believe. Though we all know you're in Castleford, really.

#Hobbies ;)
  • Bertie
    Ha cheek!

Excuse me for being honest.

:p
Privacy Policy