Accruals reversal dates ! No other category access!

Firstly, I know this is in wrong category but for some reason I only now have access to student categories despite being a full member.

So have just taken on job and have posted previous 3 months utility accrual reversal dated with July date. I had ran June month end . I Then posted utility bill dated July as normal.

Firstly, , was this the right date? Or should it have been dated within the accrual period i.e. 30 June even though I had run monthend?

Secondly, there is now a small credit showing in profit and loss for July as net bill was less than accrual total. Thanks in advance

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Hi @Deep_Purple
    I have moved your thread to the Full member category.
  • Deep_Purple
    Deep_Purple Registered Posts: 6
    Thankyou
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Due to you processing the accrual in June it's correct to post the invoice in July.
    The credit is just a correction of your provision against the actual, I would leave this as a credit balance with a note to say over provided in previous month as you would have already issued the previous months accounts.
    I'm assuming that the credit isn't that large as if this was the case then you would need to look again at your calculations.
Privacy Policy