Pimlico, London / P/T freelance bookkeeper / Independent wine merchant

Pimlico_Dozen
Pimlico_Dozen Registered Posts: 4
We are a small, independent wine merchant supplying the public and the trade, seeking a freelance bookkeeper to work in the Pimlico office for one and a half to two days a week. The days can be negotiated, but Mondays are preferred. The office is open from 10.00 to 6.30 on weekdays.

This could be an excellent opportunity for an AAT student looking to build experience, or a qualified freelancer looking to expand their knowledge in the wine trade. If you are studying with the AAT, ideally you have passed the level 2 exams. This role reports to the Director, who will provide training and support in learning the software and systems.

The role involves updating the sales, purchase and general ledgers in bespoke software, performing bank reconciliations, preparing VAT returns and drafting the year end accounts with the extended trial balance, for the Director to review and sign off. In addition, there is some credit control work, cash management and general administration.

This is a freelance role paying £15 an hour. You will need to register with HMRC as self employed.

Please send your CV and covering letter to accounts@pimlicodozen.com.

Comments

• Pimlico_Dozen
    Hi,
    We need to train the freelancer up on our bespoke software, so we're not able to use short term cover for sickness or holiday. During holiday or sick days, the work gets carried over to the next time, or will be covered by the director if needed.
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    Pimlico Dozen Ltd
  • Pimlico_Dozen
    Hi,
    It's always been a freelance position, with flexibility within the hours and days, so the person can do more in one week, less the next.
    I took the job when I was AAT studying Level 2 and had a part time position, employed, in practice. I'm moving on now to a full time role, having completed the AAT and become a MIP for this role, and we were hopeful that another AAT student might find this opportunity as valuable as I did.
    Best,
    Andrew
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    Totally agree with @Mickdundee
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • Pimlico_Dozen