staying FMAAT

Options
JayB2606
JayB2606 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,

I am an FMAAT Member and Licenced Accountant, I also have my ACCA Practising Certificate

I am currently paying the following Subs and its rather costly, considering I minimal turnover as it is a spare time thing:

- FMAAT Subs
- ACCA Subs
- ACCA Practising Certificate
- Licenced Accountant Certificate

all in all my subs would be £613.00 for minimal turnover, so I am thinking of letting my AAT Membership lapse would you?

Regards

Jim
ACCA, FMAAT, Licenced Accountant and ACCA Practising Certificate

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi @JayB2606
    I think you are exempt from holding a AAT licence if you have one with ACCA (assuming they provide AML supervision).
    As for maintaining your membership with AAT this is a personal choice. Do you think your AAT membership provides good value for money in terms of branch events, CPD support, tax advice or are all these services (and more) offered by ACCA?
    I am also a member of 3 different bodies and each year I have the same dilemma! But I like my AAT branch events and network so for now I remain loyal!
    Good luck with your decision.
  • JayB2606
    Options
    I have this dilemma every year also AAT, ACCA and CTA and the only reason I have kept my AAT, was because of the additions and the branch events, I will have a look AAT Licence exemption. thanks
  • JayB2606
    Options
    Bargain, I am exempted from having an AAT Licence with my ACCA practising Certificate
Privacy Policy