Osbourne Financial Performance

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of purchasing one of the Osbourne books for Financial Performance in addition to the BPP one that I have already got.

I am confused as there are two versions of the book. Analysing Financial Performance and just Financial Performance. Which one would you recommend for me to get? I am looking st getting the tutorial rather than the workbooks and I am still on AQ2013 standards.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• N4T
    N4T Registered Posts: 191
    Osborne calls it Analysing Financial Performance for AQ2013, if you are looking at an Osborne book called just Financial Performance then it's most likely an old version for the AQ2010 syllabus - which may still be available from Amazon or Ebay but not from Osborne's own website.

Will you be buying their workbook at a later stage? You only need one tutorial/text but I can understand you may want one from another publisher as I have noticed the explanations are different. However I highly recommend you invest in more than one workbook (Osborne's workbooks, BPP's question bank, Kaplan's revision kit)

Question practice is the key to passing these exams.

• Turbo_Dave
    Turbo_Dave Registered Posts: 23
    > @N4T said:
    > Osborne calls it Analysing Financial Performance for AQ2013, if you are looking at an Osborne book called just Financial Performance then it's most likely an old version for the AQ2010 syllabus - which may still be available from Amazon or Ebay but not from Osborne's own website.
    >
    > Will you be buying their workbook at a later stage? You only need one tutorial/text but I can understand you may want one from another publisher as I have noticed the explanations are different. However I highly recommend you invest in more than one workbook (Osborne's workbooks, BPP's question bank, Kaplan's revision kit)
    >
    > Question practice is the key to passing these exams.

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. I have the BPP Workbook and I've just purchased second hand copies of the Osbourne Analysing Financial Performance tutorial and the Financial Performance workbook. Think I'll purchase the Analysing Financial Performance workbook also.
    I haven't purchased anything from Kaplan before.

Thanks for the help.
  • N4T
    N4T Registered Posts: 191
    There may only be slight changes between the two versions of the Osborne workbook. I notice between the AQ2013 and AQ2016 they changed the order of the chapters and sometimes just changed the numbers and names in the questions. I have not done a side by side comparison but I have the AQ2013 version and have noticed this with a few questions from others with AQ2016 books. This may be the case between the AQ2010 and AQ2013, but if you can get a cheap 2nd hand copy go for it.

My training provider used Kaplan and I found their revision kits very good.
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    I used 'Analysing Financial Performance' for the AQ2013 exam in March. It was okay, fairly detailed, don't think there was anything particular it missed. Standard Costing formulas didn't make a lot of sense though, and had to go over these a lot and find my own way to remember the various costs to get a pass.

I think it was additional BPP question bank and just going back over questions I got wrong again and again that really helped.
  • Turbo_Dave
    Turbo_Dave Registered Posts: 23
    Thanks both. I really appreciate your help. I'll have a look at the Kaplan study guides also.
Privacy Policy