AAT or ACCA

Options
Hi everyone

I have just completed AAT Level 2 and am now progressing to Level 3.

Today was my first day back at college and they have informed us that they will not be delivering AAT anymore and it will be replaced with ACCA.

Does anyone know the actual difference between AAT and ACCA?

Thank you!

Comments

• Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    Options
    does anyone know the actual difference between AAT and ACCA?
    you have a chance of passing one ?

read thro the pages on this - and you will find a lot of whining about level 3 AAT - all at St Johns M face taking it for the third time ....

You will find here on these threads - many copies of replies from someone ( a madman) who is impersonating a CEO called Mark Farrar who insists that a 95% final failure rate at level 3 is OK in a system 'which is meant to work like that'

anyway you are lucky the rest of us are stuck in a failing system
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    ACCA is a chartered accounting qualification. There is no necessity to complete AAT before ACCA, you just won't be exempt from 3 exams which you would if you were to complete Level 4 AAT. Level 2 will give you some solid foundations which will be useful for ACCA. If you search the qualification, you can see which individual exams make up the qualification to get an idea for it. Many people go on to complete ACCA after AAT. If you don't want to do ACCA there will be many other providers for AAT available, especially distance learning.
  • taralouise
    taralouise Registered Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi thank you both for replying.

My plan was to complete AAT Level 3 and 4 then move onto ACCA. The college I go to is convenient and good for studying but will have to make a decision on the pathway I want to take I suppose.

The idea that I wouldn't be exempt from 3 exams after level 4 with ACCA is a little concerning.

I think the college are going down this route because of the poor success rates on the level 3 synoptic exam.
  • Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    Options
    I pointed out to the operative calling himself Mark Farrar (CEO) that AAT had done itself tremendous reputational damage and he just said 'so what?'
    I cant recommend level 3 to anyone in its present form - the best I can manage is : "Level 3 is a gigantic waste of money for you - do something else with your funds"
  • Hahmed
    Hahmed Registered Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, I completed Level 2 in 3 months, Level 3 in 6 months and Level 4 in one academic year at college all free of charge as I was under 19. Then I went to BPP and Studied ACCA F4-F9 which I completed in one Academic year or so - (Oct - Dec & Mar - Jun). I would like to continue with my studies, however it is super competitive to find employment, so What I would suggest is that you find work experience at a firm that is local or do an apprenticeship. Morale of the story is that you don't need all these qualification if you have no practical experience, Focus on finding employment, whether it be paid or voluntary, 6 Months is GOLDEN. ;)

Peace Have a wonderful day and Good luck for the Future.

Hasan MIAAP MAAT AATQB
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hahmed said:

Hi, I completed Level 2 in 3 months, Level 3 in 6 months and Level 4 in one academic year at college all free of charge as I was under 19. Then I went to BPP and Studied ACCA F4-F9 which I completed in one Academic year or so - (Oct - Dec & Mar - Jun). I would like to continue with my studies, however it is super competitive to find employment, so What I would suggest is that you find work experience at a firm that is local or do an apprenticeship. Morale of the story is that you don't need all these qualification if you have no practical experience, Focus on finding employment, whether it be paid or voluntary, 6 Months is GOLDEN. ;)

Peace Have a wonderful day and Good luck for the Future.

Hasan MIAAP MAAT AATQB

Nice Hasan, you're at the same stage as me. I took a 'year study break' that rolled into 2 years and now I'm ready to take my finger out and tackle P2.

Only difference between us is that I did all of my exams without taking a single class, all self-studied.

*cough* 'Who da man?' *cough* ;)
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • taralouise
    taralouise Registered Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello!

I am in full time employment and work as a Finance Assistant. Unfortunately I already have a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Business Admin so I am unable to do a lower level apprenticeship.

I think I am looking at doing AAT Level 3 Distance learning then I can do the course sooner like yourselves!

Sounds like you are all doing very well in your studies! :)
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Roll on Tara.

Nothing can stop you if you believe in yourself.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • Hahmed
    Hahmed Registered Posts: 27
    Options
    > @Clintm15 said:
    > Hi, I completed Level 2 in 3 months, Level 3 in 6 months and Level 4 in one academic year at college all free of charge as I was under 19. Then I went to BPP and Studied ACCA F4-F9 which I completed in one Academic year or so - (Oct - Dec & Mar - Jun). I would like to continue with my studies, however it is super competitive to find employment, so What I would suggest is that you find work experience at a firm that is local or do an apprenticeship. Morale of the story is that you don't need all these qualification if you have no practical experience, Focus on finding employment, whether it be paid or voluntary, 6 Months is GOLDEN. ;)
    >
    > Peace Have a wonderful day and Good luck for the Future.
    >
    > Hasan MIAAP MAAT AATQB
    >
    > Nice Hasan, you're at the same stage as me. I took a 'year study break' that rolled into 2 years and now I'm ready to take my finger out and tackle P2.
    >
    > Only difference between us is that I did all of my exams without taking a single class, all self-studied.
    >
    > *cough* 'Who da man?' *cough* ;)

Hahahah we da man hahahah
Privacy Policy