Finishing AAT without an employer

Hi, I started with an AAT level 4 apprenticeship but unfortunately didn't complete it with two modules outstanding until completion (bus. Tax and the project). I'd like to complete the qualification before applying for any other jobs. Is this possible or do you need to be in practice to qualify for AAT?

Thanks.

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It's totally possible.

You can just buy the books and book your exams with a training provider. B)
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    I think you might need more than books for the project, a lot of training providers wanted draft reports completed by Sept 1st so may no longer accept students. I would check this out with AAT first but you might need to go onto AQ2016 and do L4 Synoptic instead, plus BTAX
  • mot375
    mot375 Registered Posts: 4
    Thank you, if it gets rolled on to AQ2016 do the exams I passed get rolled forward and I just have to do the exam instead of project? So I could do tax whenever and wait till AQ2016 then just do the new exam if that makes sense?
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Adele69 said:

I think you might need more than books for the project, a lot of training providers wanted draft reports completed by Sept 1st so may no longer accept students. I would check this out with AAT first but you might need to go onto AQ2016 and do L4 Synoptic instead, plus BTAX

Point is, it's possible mate. The syllabus has changed since I did AAT but there was a project at the time and I just phoned the training provider, they emailed me the instructions, I submitted it to their website and that was that.

I would recommend phoning Kaplan, they were good for the project I did.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
Privacy Policy