AAT Professional - L4 - College or Home Study?

Options
Just looking for any advice as I need to decide if to study L4 at home or part time at college?

Comments

• DanielEvansSouthall
    DanielEvansSouthall Registered Posts: 26
    Options
    I home study. I have passed the budgeting, financial statements, and decision and control exams. Just awaiting results of the synoptic exam (which I am dreading). For me, home study has worked really well, it also helps build a mindset of answering your own questions rather that relying on someone else. You do have to be very motivated but it becomes easier once you get into a routine. I have an exam every 3 months, study 3 hours a day (lunch break and after work) Mon-Thu and every other weekend (give or take). If you're funding studies yourself it's also the cheapest option.
  • AJHANSEN777
    AJHANSEN777 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Daniel,

what order did you do the modules in?

Andy
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    Options
    Budgeting, financial statements, decision and control. But with what I know now, I'd do: financial statements, budgeting, decision and control, in order of relevance to the synoptic exam (least relevant first) so to keep the more relevant subjects fresher in your mind for the synoptic
  • AJHANSEN777
    AJHANSEN777 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you! I'll get those booked up now! Just read through the Synoptic exam forum which I noticed you commented in. Sounds like a complete nightmare!
  • DanielEvansSouthall
    Options
    There's also a guide on the Kaplan website I think with the suggested order for the units. Hopefully by the time you sit the synoptic they will have refined the exam a bit
Privacy Policy