Accounts assistant (Volunteer)

Options
Katy
Katy Registered Posts: 4
Barnsley (Elsecar)/ Accounts assistant (Volunteer)/Recruiter

I am looking for 2 volunteers in the Barnsley, Sheffield, Doncaster area to join a finance team for Elsecar Heritage Railway (charity)
The team is going to be brand new to take over from the current treasurer who will be leaving the railway at the AGM in November.
The team will consist of 3 people looking after monies in, monies out and the balance sheet.
The charity is asking for a 3 year commitment as the charity is planning to grow in this time period.
Application deadline is 30/10/2017

Andrew Littlewood - finacialdirector@elsecarrailway.co.uk

Comments

• Katy
    Options
    Hi my appologies it is a weekly commitment, the day can be set by yourselves. The time commitment may increase with the growth of the business.
  • Katy
    Options
    Hi, the work can be done weekends but not evernings and will have to be done onsite as there is no remote availabilty at the moment.
    All accounts are done using spreadsheets so knowlage of how to use excel is essential. we belive that anyone doing lvl 3 or above will be able to process the accounts as they are not overly complicated just a lot of transactions hapen.
    The applicants will be submitting the VAT returns so some knowlage of how this is done would be nice but not essential.

Accounts are checked and signed off by a Chartered Accountant in July every year.
    The finance structure is, Finance Director, Treasurer (all 3 will hold this possition jointly), Office Manager.

To apply CV's are not required but details about yourself and qualifications would be helpful. The finance director will be holding interviews. These will most lilkey happen on a Sunday and he hopes to be able to hold them as soon as possible.
  • yokshire_lass
    yokshire_lass Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, I have just tried to email Andrew with my details and the email has bounced back, while I do think it is something simple (a wee spelling mistake), please can you confirm that the email has been received.

Many Thanks
    Joanna
  • Katy
    Options
    hi sorry there was a spelling error financialdirector@elsecarrailway.co.uk
  • mskaat
    mskaat Registered Posts: 53
    Options
    "The applicants will be submitting the VAT returns so some knowlage of how this is done would be nice but not essential".
    That sounds weird, for a charity to submit VAT returns. May be you have to explain why it is so.
    MAAT
  • AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    Options
  • mskaat
    Options
    I was just thinking, charities are not-for-profits (profits use for charitable objects). Why should they be charging VAT on their supplies (raising money for government)?
    MAAT
  • mskaat
    Options
    mskaat said:

"The applicants will be submitting the VAT returns so some knowlage of how this is done would be nice but not essential".
    That sounds weird, for a charity to submit VAT returns. May be you have to explain why it is so.

That would make sense, if charities have to claim for input VAT on goods and services they don't have to pay VAT on. But opens the system up for errors and fraud.
    MAAT
Privacy Policy