Curious about displaying certificates

Options
I'm curious...for those working as accountants, do any of you display your diplomas?
  • Do you display them at work? All of them, or just the latest level?
  • Why? Or, why not?
  • When you finish your qualification and get your full membership certification (AATQB, MAAT), will you display those?
  • Is there any difference in attitude between those working in practice (like myself) and those in business? Or the public sector?
Mostly, like I said, I'm just wondering whether or not other people display their certificates at work to see how people feel about the practise.

My boss knows that I'm near completing my AAT qualification, and my line manager is equally close to finishing his ACCA; he said that when we each get our final certifications, he wants to have a "Wall-hanging Ceremony" (his own words) and perhaps even go out for a meal some afternoon to celebrate.

I've not even mentioned to him that I already hold an MIAB certification... (though if he'd ever paid attention to his email inbox, he'd have seen that in my signature xD)
Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I personally wouldn't display my AAT certificate. Simply because there is so much further you can go after completing.

I work in practice and most of my colleagues are chartered, so I would have felt awkward displaying it.

Just my two cents.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My old boss had a PhD but doesn't go by Dr nor do most of my local council colleagues who have professional membershjps AAT, CIPFA, CIPS, RTPI, RIPS etc, yet colleagues at the other council we share services with almost always have this in their email signatures as well as degrees which I and at least a third to half my colleagues have but generally never mention. I guess if you are surrounded by it then it's what you would do
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Options
    Well the boss has certainly said he wants to have our certificates up on display in the client meeting room once we receive them, as he wants to be able to show off our credentials to make us look more professional*, so I guess if it's what he wants, it's okay?

Not sure if it'll make one whit of difference to any of the clients, however... xD

@Mickdundee - lol, nice one.

*the actual term the boss used was to be in the "premier league of accounting" (snerk)
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
Privacy Policy