Portfolio HELP!!

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if any one has started/ knows anything about the portfolio we have to do as part of our Level 4 qualification.

I only just found out that this is an AAT requirement. After submitting the portfolio there will be an interview or a 2000-3000 written essay (you choose which one). I think this only applies to those who are on an apprenticeship, apart from this I know nothing.

I just want to know what is classed as acceptable evidence and was wondering what types of evidence everyone is submitting. I have asked my training provider and they don't seem to know what is happening so I'm really stuck with this one.

Hoping you can help :'(

Comments

• KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Is this a part of the new syllabus level 4 qualification? I'm completing the AQ2013 syllabus, and it doesn't ring any bells with me...

Alternatively, might you be referring to a part of the application process to became MAAT?

I'm interested to know more about this portfolio, whatever it is. :)
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • Katied
    Katied Registered Posts: 11
    Yes this is for AQ2016 not the MAAT process. I honestly don't think AAT even know what's going on at this point tbh.

I've emailed them and they still haven't gotten back to me
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Ahh...this thread might get more response then if you post it in the AQ2016 subforum instead. :) Took me a while to realise that the forum admins had split the forum in two for the different syllabi. xD
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    edited November 2017
    I've only a vague notion of this but it is specific to students who are doing an AAT Apprenticeship. When I was doing L3 last year at a local FE college at least one person in my class was an apprentice and had additional coursework something along the lines of a work place log book which had to be checked and signed off by the tutor at the end of the year. Presumably something which could be added to throughout the year so it wasn't one big piece of work. Now with everything online I guess this is electronic, and sound like the End Point Assessment mentioned here.

Our FE College completely dropped L4 last year, and one of the reasons given was that it became impossible to get all the students to get the apprenticeship part of the module completed in time, hard enough to get everyone to complete and pass all modules in an academic year; and I think their funding for the course relied on students completing all of the course material, the AAT modules and this additional EPA. It's unclear whether the AAT supply this EPA/Portfolio or the training provider from details before but would have thought if you had signed up for an apprenticeship it should have been clear at the beginning the requirements?

https://www.aat.org.uk/apprenticeships/trailblazers/apprenticeship-standards/professional-accounting-technician
    https://www.aat.org.uk/apprenticeships/trailblazers/end-point-assessments
  • Katied
    edited November 2017
    Hi Adele69

The link you posted is the web page I found a few days ago and that's how I know about the portfolio. I knew I had to do one but didn't know how indepth it had to be or about he interview/ written statement.

Also when I signed up to my apprenticeship I was on the 2013 standards and when I reached level 4 I was told I'd be on new standards as I wouldn't be able to complete my level 4 in time, which is fair enough. However, it seems to me that there's either been a communication issue or my training provider just haven't kept update with what is require from students by this new portfolio, as when I went to college the other day I told them about this and shown then the evidence log we have to submit and my college knew nothing about it which is worrying. That's why I've cone on here to hopefully get some help
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    edited November 2017
    I can see it would be frustrating. My college before dropping L4 were all in favour of all students transferring over to AQ2016 but I was not sold on it (not least because of all the beneficial past papers and existing training material that made it possible for me to self study L4).

Having briefly browsed that page I noticed they were describing Training Providers needing to sign up as willing to adopt and follow the new AQ2016 assessment criteria for apprenticeships so am sad that you are being let down so close to the final hurdle.

If you get no more responses try searching on terms apprentice on the forum and direct messaging some of those who are also doing the AAT apprenticeship route. Apart from discussion on Synoptics discussion can be very sparse for weeks at a time. I would also consider giving AAT a call during the week. I've called on a couple of occasions in the past and they've usually been very helpful, and email replies can take a while
  • Katied
    Thanks for the advise I probably will give AAT a call as I need to get my evidence started quickly otherwise I doubt it'll be completed by the time I've done all my exams (that's if I pass them all first time). But thank you for your help!
Privacy Policy