Which study provider?

I am starting out in AAT & looking for a provider for home study with tutor support, can anyone recommend one. I have been looking at Accountancy Learning but don’t really know how to decide, also which text books are best to use?

Comments

• yokshire_lass
    yokshire_lass Registered Posts: 4
    First Intuition get a lot of positive feedback on another forum I use.
  • JoJoMis
    JoJoMis Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    ICS Learn !!! They are amazing
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    Hello,
    Can anyone recommend Babington group for AAT 2?
    Anyone that had experience with them?
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Katied
    Katied Registered Posts: 11
    dumutroba said:

Hello,

Can anyone recommend Babington group for AAT 2?

Anyone that had experience with them?

I use Babington, I have passed AAT 2 & 3 with them and currently studying 4. What I would say is that their organisation and communication is poor as when I started my level 4 class no one was expecting me and had no books for me although I was told 1 month before starting my starting date. Also my employer is meant to have a visit about every 6 weeks from Babington we've had booked appointments and people haven't shown up, this is the same for other people I study with (although they do have a new person start and he seems pretty good).

For me their tutors are really good they give you their email so they are always contactable and always get back to you. I think it depends what center you are looking at going to but most tutors do teach at most centers.

I think its all depends if you go with them privately or through an employer. I would say look around but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Babington are one of the cheaper providers to go with.
  • dumutroba
    Hi Katied,

Thank you for your reply and feedback
    Yes Babington are cheap compared to other like Kaplan and BPP
    Anyway I have decided not to go with any provider at the moment as I can only do online and it seems bonkers to pay for email support!
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • RebekahB
    RebekahB Registered Posts: 35
    Do not go with Accountancy learning, it was the biggest mistake I made and can't wait to finish with them so I can change providers. Training link, first intuition seem great as do skills network
  • dumutroba
    Hi Rebecca
    At what level are you at the moment?
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • RebekahB
    I’m about to finish my level 2 but the support, the information etc I just don’t find helpful at all and they are extremely pricey for what they are.
    I would definitely go with someone else , there are many more better providers out there
  • dumutroba
    Thanks for your feedback,
    I have decided to try do lvl 2 by self study, I am attending evening courses in Bookkeeping and Sage and I think that should help me understanding better the conception, as I have no experience whatsoever!
    It will be interesting for me to hear how difficult or easy you found the exams?
    I will try make them in order, so Transactions should go first
    How did you take yours?
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • RebekahB
    As I’m housebound due to an illness I’m doing the whole course and then sitting my exams together, I’ve found my mock exams quite easy as long as I use the AAT study help I find that a huge help. I myself didn’t have any experience either and wanted something I could study while stuck at home lol I’m finding it very fun and hope to go onto studying accounting after this.
    I’ve not done anything to do with computerised bookkeeping, how do you find sage?
  • dumutroba
    Horrendous!
    Always seems to make mistake when inputting data, but otherwise very self explanatory
    You probably have Sage provided from your trainer, I used trial version in addition to the training course so I can really wrap my head around it. The version at the course is very old and the new Sage is more user friendly
    All in all more you use it, the better!
    Good luck in your study!
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • RebekahB
    No they don't provide I and have never even said anything to me about it , they aren't very good "tutors" for the amount I paid lol
    Thank you , you to
  • lucieatsea
    lucieatsea Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Rebekah. I was looking at Accountancy Learning as they offered distance learning with tutor support. Was that the package you did? I can’t attend college as can’t take time out of work & with young children I wanted to fit my study around them. I have some Accountancy experience and so was intending to get some of the Level 2 books to give my self a refresher and fill in some of the gaps in my knowledge and then enrol for Level 3. I really need to complete ASAP as work is paying but there is a potential I could be made redundant.
  • lucieatsea
    Annoyingly I purchased the books on eBay and had time this week to start studying but they haven’t arrived and seller has not responded to me so think I may have been ripped off. ☹️
  • lucieatsea
    I am sure it states in the details that a temporary copy of Sage is included for you to install.
  • dumutroba
    > @lucieatsea said:
    > Annoyingly I purchased the books on eBay and had time this week to start studying but they haven’t arrived and seller has not responded to me so think I may have been ripped off. ☹️

You can try Osborne publishing, when you buy the paperback you instantly receive the e-book for free! I haven't received my books yet but I am already reading it!
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • RebekahB
    @lucieatsea Hiya, I did the full package you can get but its a huge waste of money in my opinion, I've heard amazing things about so many other training providers I would look at others, I have a young son also and find time to study luckily but the infomation they provide has many spelling mistakes errors things completely different to AAT etc.
    I've been looking st Osborne books myself and they are a good price . No my tutor said nothing like that is included seems I got conned a little lol
  • Pinaaa
    Pinaaa Registered Posts: 17
    NOT BBP UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year they have stressed me out more than the exams.

Level 2 with them was okay but Level 3 they have just fallen apart. I will also be looking for another provider.
Privacy Policy