L4 AQ16 difficulty

Options
Hello all,

I am studying professional level and it has been a disaster.. Always passed at the first attempt the previous 2 years (level 2 and 3) and this year I did 4 exams, 3 failed (39%, 49% and today I have received ETAU 64%) the only one passed was MABU 79%. I did Cash Management on the 23rd August and if before I felt confident that I am going to pass it, now it ain't happening anymore..

Does anyone else finds a big gap from level 3 to professional level in terms of difficulty?

thanks
Fred

Comments

• Atahar01
    Atahar01 Registered Posts: 14
    Options
    Damn I'm not looking forward to these exams bruh. Already got two booked
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Options
    @fedemenni - actually, I did notice something similar on the AQ13 syllabus.

Levels 2 and 3, I breezed through - passed all exams first-time, high scores, and with basically no revision needed. Reminded me of GCSEs and A-Levels actually (where I did the same thing) and levels 2 and 3 are equivalent to GCSEs and A Levels so that makes sense.

Moved into level 4, started failing exams. Too many facts and figures and definitions for me to remember off the top of my head, I guess. Had to actually revise before exams, once I did that, I began passing them again.

Passed Budgeting and Financial Performance on the first try, but passed Financial Statements (ugh, cashflow statement), Personal Tax, and Business Tax on the THIRD attempt at each after I finally got them fully revised. And six resits at £60 a pop is no joke either. xD

And apparently, there's a similar jump in difficulty to ACCA F4 to look forward to, as well....
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
Privacy Policy