Data entry software - what do you use?

MarieNoelle
MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
Hi all,
After convincing my clients to go on the cloud and try and do the bookkeeping themselves, they have recently decided that it wasn't for them so want me to take it back. Fine by me, but one in particular has a lot of purchase invoices and receipts (probably 100 + a month) so I am looking to automate data entry as much as possible. Other clients would probably be under 50 a month.
Just wondering what others are using and the best priced ones - I seem to be a bit confused with the price structure the software companies offer.
Many thanks

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    Thanks @Mickdundee
    I had a look at Receiptbank but it looks quite expensive - also their website isn't clear as to whether the price is per business?
    Been talking to AutoEntry and booked a demo with them, they seem a bit cheaper.

ideally i would want the related files (pdf, screenshot, etc...) to be attached so I get rid of the paperwork my end, so a csv/excel spreadsheet isn't ideal.
  • MarieNoelle
    Ok an update on this - had a free trial with AutoEntry and so far so good - I like that you don't pay by client but by transactions, plus it keeps a record of transactions per client so it can be recharged fairly according to client's usage. It integrates very easily with FreeAgent and Xero, it also creates csv in the right format to import on VT.
  • mskaat
    mskaat Registered Posts: 53
    Heard about Datamolino and haven't tired it. Whats your verdict?
    MAAT
  • MarieNoelle
    I haven't tried it. I will give AutoEntry a go for now as it seems to fit my needs. Thanks for the suggestion though :-)
  • MarieNoelle
    Thanks - just what I need!
  • kelove1
    kelove1 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    We use auto entry at work and I really like it so would recommend it!
    Has anyone used FreeAgent and is it any good? I use Xero and work and really like it but want something cheaper for home doing my partners books. I couldn't get on with quick books and sage is too expensive!
  • MarieNoelle
    I use FreeAgent and my clients really like it. Their reports are still a bit basic in my opinion (compared to Xero) but for small Ltd Co and sole traders it seems to fit the bill.
    Do you need cloud accounting software to do your partner's books? Otherwise have a look at VT Bookkeeping - it's free.
  • Thomas
    Thomas Registered Posts: 12
    @kelove1 I agree. Xero is good for data entry.
Privacy Policy