Transferring from 2013 syllabus to 2016 syllabus?

Options
gabriellenlewis
gabriellenlewis Registered Posts: 129
So, I am self-studying and have jumped straight to level 4. I have passed Financial Statements, Credit Control, Budgeting and the ISYS project. But now my membership is up, I'll have to do the last two exams (Financial Performance/Decision & Control and Cash Management) on the new syllabus.

I'm just a little cconfused as to how massively this will affect me. i have tried to read up on it but there's just a couple of things i'm unsure on:

- Do the modules i have already passed on the 2013 syllabus still definitely count?
- Do I have to do a synoptic assessment as well now?

If you can help, then thanks!

Comments

• Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Options
    https://www.aat.org.uk/training/aq2016/what-do-i-need-do
    accessable through MyAAT

Yes, they count, or 3 of the 4 do. By not completing L4 under AQ2013 all that work on the project doesn't get recognised, as you would also need to do an L4 synoptic assessment to complete under AQ2016
  • hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    One of the biggest disadvantages of transferring over is that your AQ2013 results will be transferred over (apart from ISYS) at only 70% even though you probably got more than that.
  • gabriellenlewis
    gabriellenlewis Registered Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi Hal978. I emailed AAT and asked them about this and apparently the ISYS project does not transfer at all! I am so angry because I am self-studying but had to do that module through a training provider so I spent a lot of money on that and effort/time. i think it's awful, especially when i wasn't informed of this!
  • hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi, yes the ISYS project doesn't transfer over unfortunately. Sorry to hear you spent a lot of time and money on it.

I moved over to AQ2016 because I realised I might not finish by end of 2017, and will be at risk of spending money on the project which won't transfer over.
Privacy Policy