What happens if I do not pass by the end of December?

Hi there,

I am currently studying AQ13 Level 4 and have completed everything apart from personal tax. I just took a resit on it but I am afraid that I have failed it. If I were to fail it what units would I be able to keep and what would I need to redo under the new rules?

Thanks,

Comments

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    @Drallig96 you will need to transfer to AQ2016 if you do not pass PTAX on AQ2013. Your completed modules will stay but you will need to pass PTAX under AQ2016 and the Synoptic Assessment too.
  • alexvoce
    alexvoce Registered Posts: 16
    Drallig96 said:

Hi there,

I am currently studying AQ13 Level 4 and have completed everything apart from personal tax. I just took a resit on it but I am afraid that I have failed it. If I were to fail it what units would I be able to keep and what would I need to redo under the new rules?

Thanks,

Could you try and take it again even before the result just in case?
  • Drallig96
    Drallig96 Registered Posts: 2
    @AAT_Team Thanks for replying. So it would just be the two exams I need to do, could you tell me what exactly the synoptic exam is?

@alexvoce I don't think that you can resit an exam whilst waiting on the results for it, that's what i've read in the other posts anyway. If I can i'll book it right now!
  • alexvoce
    Drallig96 said:

@AAT_Team Thanks for replying. So it would just be the two exams I need to do, could you tell me what exactly the synoptic exam is?

@alexvoce I don't think that you can resit an exam whilst waiting on the results for it, that's what i've read in the other posts anyway. If I can i'll book it right now!

That's a bit of a nightmare! might be worth ringing them up and asking. Shame we can't pay to get exams marked early! I'm waiting for my final result its been over 5 weeks it's killing me off! ha.
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    alexvoce said:

Drallig96 said:

That's a bit of a nightmare! might be worth ringing them up and asking. Shame we can't pay to get exams marked early! I'm waiting for my final result its been over 5 weeks it's killing me off! ha.
    I know what you mean - I've been waiting for my ICAS project mark since I submitted it on 4 October! xD

I rang my college and they told me it had sat unmarked in the tutor's in-tray for the 6 weeks since I had submitted it, until just the day before I happened to call...!
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • alexvoce

alexvoce said:

Drallig96 said:

I know what you mean - I've been waiting for my ICAS project mark since I submitted it on 4 October! xD

I rang my college and they told me it had sat unmarked in the tutor's in-tray for the 6 weeks since I had submitted it, until just the day before I happened to call...!

alexvoce said:

Drallig96 said:

alexvoce said:

Drallig96 said:

That's a nightmare, i had 2 modules left to do but i switched jobs so couldn't complete them and then now 3 years later finally got myself together and completed the final two. Got my results yesterday I am happy. I now want to go onto Chartered!
Privacy Policy