Engagement letter signing

Hi there,
I am new to public practice and i dont know know to deal with engagement letters. Do i need to get it signed by hand or is it ok if they confirm it by reply back the email writing ' i comforn i agree with.........' What are the criteria of approval.
Thanks

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Your client can electronically sign it
  • reader
    In the even of a disagreement it wouldn't be great if all you had was an email saying that they confirmed it. Always best to have something signed on file IMHO.
  • vinukmathews
    vinukmathews Registered Posts: 19
    Will it still be vaild even if they didnt reply if back conforming
  • vinukmathews
    Can i still continue with the client if yhe read the letter but didnt conform it replying back?
  • reader
    Hello Mr Vinu,

Any words or actions signalling the buyer's consent to the terms of your proposed offer constitutes acceptance. So an email that gives final and unqualified acceptance should suffice.

A quick google search should also reveal the same.
  • vinukmathews
    Thanks for your reply.

Do i need to send engagement letter every year or is it ok not sending them if there are no changes to the service providing and fees?
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    At the practice I work at we send engagement letters every year. We also get a signed copy, then there is no misunderstanding between us and the client. Not sure what the AAT’s requirement is on engagement letters are but it may be worth checking their policy on it so if they do a compliance visit then your on the right side of the rules.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
Privacy Policy