Continuity of Practice partner - Derbyshire

My continuity of practice partner recently retired, so I now need to find a replacement. Is anyone in the Derbyshire area currently looking?I am very happy to reciprocate.

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi,

May be worth using AAT's "Find an accountant" option on the main homepage and contacting local accountants in your area or close by, or use a friend at work (this is what I do).

Although this forum has worked for many people.
  • sjkr
    sjkr Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited February 2018
    Hi,

Do you really need someone local or could work be done electronically???
    I also need a continuity of practice partner, but I'm based in North Yorkshire. Is this an option or would it not work for you?
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    In my opinion, no reason to be local in this day and age
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    reader said:

In my opinion, no reason to be local in this day and age

Depends on your clients.
  • JaneFW
    JaneFW Registered Posts: 6
    I do have a reasonable proportion of my client base on cloud accounting systems now. I have two bookkeeping/ accounting members of staff but one is only part qualified and the other, although fully qualified via CIMA, only works part-time and would not be in a position to take over the clients. I could see that a remote arrangement could work for my practice with the staff continuing the cover the lower level or day to day work and the continuity partner providing supervision, final review and dealing with more complex issues. I suppose the issue is always - how long the arrangements would need to go on for. Emergency cover in the short term is a different issue from being unable to work for a much longer period.
  • sjkr
    sjkr Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yes I see your point - you would probably need someone nearer than me if you were absent long term!
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    I think you need someone that you can or already have a good business relationship with as you are trusting them with your clients. If you have worked hard for your clients and you are unable to work for 6 months for whatever reason and you have sent them to someone you have met once and don't really know anything about, I have a feeling that when you get back, they won't be your clients anymore. Even more so if the other accountant is 30+ miles away.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
Privacy Policy