Xero certification

reader
reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi,

Anyone done the Xero certification?

I believe it costs 25+VAT.

How did you find it?

Worthwhile?

Did you do any certifications in any of the Xero app's?

Comments

• KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    That reminds me! ...

My boss was offering some "prize" to anyone in the office who completes the Xero certification, not sure what yet as nobody has had the time to do it. Must do it sometime. :)

Thanks for the reminder. xD
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • Trev85
    Trev85 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    I have done the Xero certification as an advisor and it was okay. The big bonus was as a certified advisor it has given me a free version to use in my practice.

It was good to do and helped me understand some of the plus sides of the software, but like any software, I found a lot of things on the inner workings of it by trial and error when I hit real-life scenarios and problems, which the training didn't (and wouldn't have) prepared me for. That said, it has helped me put some new procedures in place for clients that have made things more efficient for them and me!

I haven't done any kind of certification on any apps though.
  • Ju8u5
    Ju8u5 Registered Posts: 7
    I've completed the Xero certified advisor which is free and you get a free version to use for your practice. Also if you're in practice there are a number of subscriptions available to accountants and bookkeepers only.

I've been using xero for 2 years and have moved most of my clients on to it, i find it straight forward and easy to use. I also like the Xero training materials and find their discussion forum and the support desk very helpful.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    How long does it take to do?

I really need to stop putting this off.
  • Ju8u5
    Ju8u5 Registered Posts: 7
    It’s a one day webinar course completed in 2 sessions with a short test at the end.
Privacy Policy