Optional Units - Which to choose?

Options
2»

Comments

• luciedriver
    luciedriver Registered Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks so much guys for your comments!
    I have today chosen to go with the Credit Management module.
    Have had a look and it actually looks very interesting and useful.. so fingers crossed!
    Passed my Budgeting exam (got the results his morning), am sitting Decision & Control next Thursday and then scheduled for Credit Management May 25th.. and Synoptic June 28th so a busy couple months coming up!
    How did you all find the Synoptic and MDCL?
    Thank you :) xx
  • lucym96
    lucym96 Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    Well done on Budgeting! :) and good luck with your others!
    I found MDCL and Synoptic fine, they're all very similar in content so I'm sure you'll smash them =) x
  • luciedriver
    Options
    Thanks Lucy!

Spent the weekend revising and feel surprisingly okay.. considering I felt a nervous wreck on Thursday evening lol.

In your MDCL exam, what types of questions did you get? I'm hoping for some ABC costing and contribution per limiting factor, etc. but I know it's all luck of the draw!

Thanks for all the advice..
  • hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

Thanks Lucy!

Spent the weekend revising and feel surprisingly okay.. considering I felt a nervous wreck on Thursday evening lol.

In your MDCL exam, what types of questions did you get? I'm hoping for some ABC costing and contribution per limiting factor, etc. but I know it's all luck of the draw!

Thanks for all the advice..

I don't think you're allowed to ask about the questions someone got for a live exam.
  • luciedriver
    Options
    Hi

I wasn't asking the content of the question which I do understand is not allowed, more the subject area which I think you can?

Thanks
  • lucym96
    lucym96 Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    > @luciedriver said:
    > Hi
    >
    > I wasn't asking the content of the question which I do understand is not allowed, more the subject area which I think you can?
    >
    > Thanks

Not sure if we can discuss it but in all honesty I sat mine August last year so I can’t remember anyway! The formats changed since I sat mine too. I’m sure you’ll do great, good luck :)
  • luciedriver
    Options
    lucym96 said:

> @luciedriver said:

> Hi

>

> I wasn't asking the content of the question which I do understand is not allowed, more the subject area which I think you can?

>

> Thanks

Not sure if we can discuss it but in all honesty I sat mine August last year so I can’t remember anyway! The formats changed since I sat mine too. I’m sure you’ll do great, good luck :)

Thanks Lucy! Feeling more confident now.. so fingers crossed! :) xx
  • Agnes123
    Agnes123 Registered Posts: 40
    Options
    I did credit management in Feb and the questions were very similar to the AAT mock exam. Also, if you read the examiners report you’ll see where people go wrong and what to focus on.
  • bethany_ford
    bethany_ford Registered Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello,

I have just started level 4 and want advice on which options to take.

I understand Business and Personal tax are the longest optional courses, however i am thinking of taking them both. The only reason I'm thinking this is because apparently it will benefit me if i go on to do ACCA, has anyone else heard this?

How have people found the business and personal tax modules?

Thanks
  • lyndsey1570
    lyndsey1570 Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi @bethany_ford

I did both these units and really enjoyed them both some aspects harder than others. I found business tax easier than personal tax too. I was advised to do them (when I wanted to do ACCA), however now I am going to do CIMA instead! My advice would be to take them both if you want to do ACCA. My sister has done ACCA and she said the only reason she scraped through the exam is because she had recently done the tax modules at AAT. I think they give you a good base in tax to work on and they both kind of go hand in hand really.
    Good luck !
  • hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did External Auditing instead of Business tax because I would get an additional exemption from ACA/ICAEW, if I decided to do that.
    I also enjoyed Personal Tax.
  • ncraggs
    ncraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 70 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    AAT Distance Learning Director First Intuition www.fi.co.uk
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    Options
    hal978 said:

I did External Auditing instead of Business tax because I would get an additional exemption from ACA/ICAEW, if I decided to do that.
    I also enjoyed Personal Tax.

You need both personal and business tax to get the exemption on principles of taxation with ICAEW.

Hello,

I have just started level 4 and want advice on which options to take.

I understand Business and Personal tax are the longest optional courses, however i am thinking of taking them both. The only reason I'm thinking this is because apparently it will benefit me if i go on to do ACCA, has anyone else heard this?

How have people found the business and personal tax modules?

Thanks

I did both taxes and thoroughly enjoyed them both, they also link up in places. I also did external auditing which was by far the easiest exam of the course.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • bethany_ford
    bethany_ford Registered Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you for al your comments!
  • Staceyf0
    Staceyf0 Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm about to start Level 4 soon and just wanted a bit of advice as to which options to take. I currently work as a Finance Assistant in industry, and possibly looking to progress onto CIMA after i've completed level 4.

I've heard that the Tax modules are better suited for someone working in practice or looking to progress onto ACCA. Is that correct? If it is then i guess i'm more interested in Cash management, Credit control and Auditing. But i just don't know which 2 to pick!

Any advice on the units, or which ones you found particularly challenging/easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)
Privacy Policy