Taxfiler

DazLock
DazLock Registered, Tutor Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Hi
Just started using Taxfiler and love it...................................but...................
I am struggling to input AIA and Main Pool Allowances as separate entries on a CT600. Can anyone help please?
For example, if I want to put £100K through as AIA and £100K in Main Pool it seems to record £200K in Main Pool.
No doubt I am being daft but it is baffling me at present.

Also, how do I amend a filed CT600 please?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I don't think we have any Taxfiler users on here. You may have to ask Taxfiler directly.
    Regards,

Burg
  • DazLock
    Thanks Burg
    I did speak to Taxfiler but they couldn't help with the AIA issues. Thanks anyway, I will have to run the gauntlet of AccountingWeb!
  • burg
    Sorry I couldn't be of further help. I know it's a good product as it made it to our shortlist when we moved to cloud based Accounts & Tax software 18 months or so ago. It was only let down by its accounts prep function at the time which was a little limited and not where we needed it to be.
    Regards,

Burg
  • DazLock
    No problem- I appreciate getting a response.
    It is a good product but I do agree with you about the accounts prep side. I aim to eventually use the Capium Accountants suite but I need to grow my client base a little more before I can justify the spend. Its always a bit chicken and egg isn't it- do you build it and then they will come or do you struggle a bit more and build as you grow. It seems a fine balancing act.

Thanks again.
  • burg
    I trained using Iris and really struggled with the approach that VT Accounts took. I liked the way you could work with VTT+ but the accounts prep side of things was too slow and clunky for me.

I therefore went with PTP until Iris bought them out, then Digita. Once we took on staff Digita got very expensive and we moved to Keytime. Iris bought them too and I jumped ship to Capium.

My view would be build the systems and make them as efficient as they can be. It may cost a little extra to have something like Capium now but as you grow it becomes so much harder to make the changes. When we switched from Keytime to Capium I not only had to get my head around it but also teach 4 members of staff. Not only did it look different but the whole process was different too.

Having spent the last 6 months ensuring we are hyper efficient in everything we do I'm now seeing huge benefits. We are 2 months ahead with work compared to last year. It has cost some money to achieve but I now believe in our systems more and don't worry about them. Staff know exactly what they need to do and when and we work better as a team. Recruitment and training will also be far easier for the future. So many fewer queries now need to come through me.

So the answer is, from my perspective of a practice owner with a team of 5 of us and around 300 clients, concentrate now on systems, automation, your USP and understanding your target client. Link this back to your 'why'. Your 'why' is unique. Why do you do what you do? Go beyond money. What makes you tick? Gives you that buzz? Use your 'why' to understand what your business should look like in the future and then ensure everything you do helps you to reach that level of perfection.
    Regards,

Burg
  • DazLock
    Thank you. I really appreciate the time you have taken to share your knowledge and I think you have confirmed what I have been trying to tell myself- get good systems in place from the outset.
    I will take a look at all your suggestions.
    Thanks again.
Privacy Policy