CT600 / Companies House query on Company Limited by Gaurentee and CASC status

Hi, hoping someone can give me a little guidance here.
I have a Limited by Gaurentee Company in the first year of trading. 27/03/17 to 31/03/18. However part way through the year is also obtained CASC status (08/12/17) and because of the income / profit will not need to pay CT or file a CT600 for the period 08/12/17 to 31/03/18 and indeed thereafter.

Companies house will require us to file a set of accounts for the year which I have prepared and have then prepared in Taxfailer and then two supplementary sets which I have prepared in Excel to show the split as above. The period to 07.12.17 does NOT have any taxable profit.
Do I still need to file a CT600 for the period ending 07.12.17? I cant work out how I can do this in taxfiler as the year end and the tax period are different. Starting to wonder if I am over complicating things.

Any suggestions.. Many thanks

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    I would call and/or write to HMRC to explain and ask for the notice to file a CT600 to be withdrawn.
  • CJGEM
    CJGEM Registered Posts: 3

I would call and/or write to HMRC to explain and ask for the notice to file a CT600 to be withdrawn.

Thanks MarieNoelle, assume this would be on the basis there is no tax to pay and CASC status now granted ?
Privacy Policy