Job Role Levels

gemma89
gemma89 Registered Posts: 43
Hi Guys, Just finished my level 2 in Book keeping and started my new role this week. I have been given the job accounts assistant. So today I have been learning bank reconciliation, purchase ledger and also payroll with Sage software for these, dealing with invoices etc.

I am trying to find out what the career order looks like for progression from these types of roles and what the job title and description would be for the next steps if that makes sense. So what would I be doing in the next steps for the level up jobs as it where.

Help appreciated

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited July 2018
    Hi Gemma,

Congrats on your new role!

An Accounts Assistant is quite a varied and widely used title, it can mean anything from Credit Control, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger to more month end duties such as Payroll/VAT Returns/Bank Reconciliations etc. This can then move into Management Accounts and so on. As mentioned the title can carry quite varied responsibilities and amongst different accounting areas within an organisation, many of these duties can fall into other job titles such as Finance Assistant/Assistant Accountant. Again sometimes with more added department functions such as Analysis work, Tax etc.

This position in any organisation is vital to the accounting function as its the core basis of everything that makes up the Financial & Management Accounts.

Your position will no doubt offer you alot of valuable experience which will also help with your Level 2 and your whole AAT journey.

Good Luck and congrats again! :):)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • gemma89
    gemma89 Registered Posts: 43
    Hi, Thanks for your response.

What does management accounts include? Is that more Level 4 AAT?

Thanks
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    gemma89 said:

Hi, Thanks for your response.

What does management accounts include? Is that more Level 4 AAT?

Thanks

There are aspects of Management Accounts at Level 3 aswell (Basic Costing etc).

Yes there are also a couple of units at Level 4 relating to Management Accounts (Decision & Control and Budgeting).
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy