General accounting discussion

Hi everyone, I achieved my AAT Level 4 qualification in last September.however I cannot afford ACCA or go to university at the moment due to financial position. Therefore I am looking to start my career in Accountancy but I've not got any work experience in this sector. I'm worried, I might not be able to find a job and I do not know which would be the best starting point? Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. What s procedure becoming MAAT or can I sign tax return as an accountant? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @Chetna

I would say start looking for a position in Accounting ASAP, the longer you wait the more you will forget what you've studied. Look for positions as Accounts Assistant, Junior Accounts Assistant etc, if you can't find anything work voluntary like once per week in your local accounting firm just to gain some experience. Some work placements offers support for ACCA.

In regards of becoming MAAT, you can apply after you've finished Level 4 (which I've believed you've done). It is difficult to find a job, especially with low experience (talking from personal experience) however it is not impossible!

Good luck!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy