what assessments I need to pass before taking Synoptic assessment??

Hello,

I am currently studying AAT Level 4 from home and I would like to book for exams in advance to ensure I can take exams as quick as possible. I have booked for the three mandatory assessments for : Financial statements for Limited companies -Budgeting - Decision and controls all in Jan 2019 and I would like to book for the Synoptic assessment in the first available slot in Feb 2019 but I am not sure if I have to pass the previous assessments before I can take the synoptic??

Please help!

Comments

• caravernon
    caravernon Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    I believe you don't need to have passed the exams, you just need to have sat them.
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can take synoptic even if you haven't passed/sat other exams. There is no specific order in which exams has to be taken.

AAT recommends for students to pass all units before attempting Synoptic, but this is on recommendation.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • aat2016
    aat2016 Registered Posts: 8
    Norvydas said:

You can take synoptic even if you haven't passed/sat other exams. There is no specific order in which exams has to be taken.

AAT recommends for students to pass all units before attempting Synoptic, but this is on recommendation.

Thank you for your comment.

This sound great, so I can book synoptic assessment for Feb 2019 because I think it is only available every 6 months. But I am still confused why they have introduced this synoptic assessment when it doesn't matter if I pass those units before attempting the synoptic assessment?! and on the other hand, if I passed the synoptic, will I still need to pass the other units assessments??
  • hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    AAT recommend you pass the mandatory units before taking the synoptic. They say this because their statistics show that those who don't pass these units are more likely to fail the synoptic.

If you pass the synoptic, you still need to pass the other mandatory units (plus 2 optional units).
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    aat2016 said:

Norvydas said:

Thank you for your comment.

This sound great, so I can book synoptic assessment for Feb 2019 because I think it is only available every 6 months. But I am still confused why they have introduced this synoptic assessment when it doesn't matter if I pass those units before attempting the synoptic assessment?! and on the other hand, if I passed the synoptic, will I still need to pass the other units assessments??
    The synoptic is available 4 times per year, please have a look at this link the availability ; https://www.aat.org.uk/prod/s3fs-public/assets/Synoptic-calendar-results-2018-2020_0.pdf

The synoptic exam has been introduced to test students knowledge on overall Level 4, rather than specific units. You need to have a good understanding on previous units before attempting synoptic as synoptic is where all L4 mandatory units are added into one exam and tests your overall knowledge. This means that in 1 task you might be asked a question about Budgeting, in other question you might get asked about financial statements.

I know people who have passed synoptic without attempting mandatory units, so it is possible, might be difficult but its possible.

Good luck!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy