AAT level 2 exams help please!

vsen
vsen Registered Posts: 10
Could someone who has done their AAT Level 2 please guide me on the exams? Do you need to take this module by module as in 5 different exams for each Unit of Level 2?
Also how did you practise for the exams? Are Green light tests on AAT enough?
I am pretty confident with Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls and was wondering if it is better to take the exams for these 2, before getting on with the rest of the units.

Comments

• LeapyUK
    LeapyUK Registered Posts: 34
    Hi there.

I am studying AAT Level 2 one evening per week at College. I have done Bookkeeping Transaction (97%) and Bookkeeping Controls (also 97%) exams.

Do these two first before you do the other units.

For me, doing plenty of online mock exams and printing off practice assessments before the real exams works! You get a general sense of the types of questions and calculations needed, just that the real exams are very similar apart from company names and amounts.

I found the Green Light tests much harder than the actual exams and they are set out quite differently to the real exams.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards.
  • vsen
    Thanks for this.Fab results.
    Could you please tell me where you practice the online mock exams from?
  • LeapyUK
    There should be a study support link on the AAT website and if you select your current course, there should be some links to online practice mocks (above the green light test links).

Regards.
  • vsen
    Thanks. DO you mean the CBT test links? There are 2 papers there. THey seem quite doable.
  • LeapyUK
    Yes. Those are the same format as the real exams so if you can do those, you’ll feel as confident on the real exam.

Regards.
  • vsen
    Thanks a ton. Just another question. I'm having so much trouble booking the exams. Could you please let me know how that goes? Do you need to tell them which exam you need to take and Do the units have codes? Whenever I tried calling the centres, they did not seem to know anything, so I'm feeling more confused than ever.
  • LeapyUK
    I couldn’t tell you fully as the College I am with books our classes exams for us and yes we have a unique code to type in prior to starting the assessment. I would contact your learning provider and ask them, as maybe it’s their responsibility to book it on your behalf or they can guide you on how to do it.

Regards.
  • vsen
    Thanks LeapyUK! I took both Bookkeeping transactions and controls yesterday, on impulse, and passed. The CBT tests really helped, as you said.
    Any tips for Costing?
  • LeapyUK
    Well done!

I am back in College this Monday and starting lessons on elements of costing so I don’t know anything about it yet.

However, keep up CBT practiice tests before the real one and you’ll be good on all units.

Regards.
  • vsen
    Thanks ever so much. Best of luck with all of your tests as well.
  • LeapyUK
    Thankyou! :-)
Privacy Policy