Qickbooks certification

dumutroba
dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
Hello I am looking for a bit of an insight of how to get certified in qickbooks and at the moment the best info I came across is this https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/accountants/desktop-training-certification/
If someone know this can they shed some light in what is the best route to certification if you are not in accountancy and possibly they own experience in gaining such?
Thank you

Regards ID
AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
Xero Certified Advisor

Comments

• Kryptek49
    Kryptek49 Registered Posts: 7
    Are you interested in being QB Dekstop or Online certified? They are 2 completely different products.

There are 2 types of online certification, QuickBooks certified, and QuickBooks Pro Advisor certified..

For the QuickBooks certification, you watch a few videos then answer a multiple choice test - Interestingly it's impossible to fail this test as the answers are A-D, you get 4 attempts, and you only have to answer the questions you failed on each succesive attempt. This means if you answered all A, then all B, all C & all D you would get 100% and pass.

For the Pro Advisor certification, we had someone from QB come to our office and train around 10 of us on more advanced features of QuickBooks for a few hours, then took a 10 minute test at the end to earn the certificate. You can also arrange to go to a class and prepare and sit the exam there.

Both of these certifications are shown in my ProAdvisor part of my QB account. This is only available to accountant users I believe.

I would suggest you contact QuickBooks directly and ask if you can become certified without the Accountant's access.

I should point out that there is a big difference between being QuickBooks Pro Advisor Certified and actually being proficient at using QuickBooks - it misses off a large chunk of every day QB usage and focuses on specific issues that are rarely touched.

My suggestion would be for you to pass the basic certification, and then invest time in actually learning how to use the software instead of paying to sit the advanced course.

Hope this helps.
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    edited January 2019
    @Kryptek49, this was most useful
    I will definitely follow your advice and start with the basics

Many thanks
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
Privacy Policy