Books level 2

Moy
Moy Registered Posts: 13
Hello,

Anyone know the difference between the Processing bookkeeping transactions book ( 2015-16) and the bookkeeping transactions book (2018)?
Can I use the first one for prepare my exam AAT level 2 now? Thanks very much

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @Moy

Isn't the Processing Bookkeeping Transactions (2015-16) AQA2013 syllabus? If so then no, I wouldn't recommend using it to prepare for AQA2016 exam. You need Bookkeeping Transactions AQA2016 syllabus book to prepare for your assessment.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    Level 2 exams got updated, so I would recommend going for the newest edition of the books as they would give you the best preparation for the exam
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Moy
    Ok Thanks! I understand now. One more question: any difference between kaplan or osborne books?
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    They all cover same study material and prepare you for the same exam, so I don't think it really matters which one you are using
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @Moy

It's the layout of the books / syllabus that differs. I did Level 3 & 4 online, and my Level 3 books were from Premier Training. My friend is studying Level 3 via college and they've given her Osborne books, she also asked me to show my books to her to see the difference. She said Premier Training books were much easier to understand than Osborne books. I guess you have to have a look at each book and see which layout you prefer. Level 4 books were Osborne books, and to be honest I didn't like the layout of them myself.

Also, I was talking with my friend who studied ACCA, and you have 2 choices of the books, either Kaplan or BPP, and apparently Kaplan books are a lot easier to understand that Kaplan.

It is all individual, and it depends which layout of the books you prefer more and which you understand more.

Yes- the syllabus is the same, but if it's written in the way that it's difficult for you to understand that it's no good. I would suggest buy Kaplan book for 1 unit, and then for second unit buy 1 Osborne book and see which you prefer.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Moy
    Ok I will try to check both and after I will choose. Thanks very much!!
Privacy Policy