self study and sitting exams

Options
Hi guys
I know there are people who are into self studying and they sit exams after they contact aat providers. What is the policy as far as exams when you don't study with aat provider. Are aat providers obliged to let you sit exams in their premises by law or something? Can aat provider make it impossible for you to sit exams at their premises ?

Comments

• Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Options
    No, and Yes. Many study centres will only allow their own registered students to book exams, but the extent may depend on where you are based.

I studied L4 by distance learning with Eagle, but they are based near Wrexham (I think) which is hundreds of miles away from Cambridge. So I did my L4 exams at First Intuition. That was until they also prevented me from sitting there. Pitman allowed me to sit my final L4 exam. They were the only local venue I could go to complete AQ2013 (as Kaplan and BPP had stopped offering the exams by then). Kaplan I think had some options for ones I had already done, but starting early in the morning, which didn't suit

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    @1972

Search on the AAT website exam centers, you need to type in your postcode and it will show exam centers you're allowed to take the exams in.

I am in Devon and there were around 3-4 centers around my area that I could take AAT exams without being enrolled with them.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
    1972 Registered Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks for replies. so if there are lets say twenty aat providers around my area I should call each of them and ask if I can take exams with them despite the fact that I don't study with them. It is possible that all of them will say ' no' . Am I right ?
  • Norvydas
    Options
    @1972

Go to this website; https://www.aat.org.uk/assessment-venues/search type in your postcode. Any centers that come up there will let you sit the exam without being enrolled with them.

If for any reason there are no near-by centers, then you have to call colleges / study providers and ask them whether they would let you use their facilities.

Any exam venues that come up on your search via the link provided above, will let you sit an exam without being enrolled with them.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
    Options
    thanks, do you know why those providers from aat search engine will let me sit an exam and others won't ? Just out of curiosity
  • Norvydas
    Options
    @1972 I am not sure, they might have a contract with @AAT_Team ?

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
    Options
    i get it , thanks
  • Duchess1
    Duchess1 Registered Posts: 85
    Options
    I have done level 3 and am currently doing level 4 as self study. All my exams are booked with Kaplan and I have never had a problem. I have been in touch with Pitman and can sit exams with them as well...
    Options
    thanks for reply
Privacy Policy