New Bookkeeper Services

DomOne
DomOne Registered Posts: 8
Hi.

So I'm in the final stages of Level 3 and am hoping to start a Bookkeeping business (I'll complete Level 4 over the next year and then expand).

I've read the services that the licence allows me to deliver: https://www.aat.org.uk/about-aat/applying-for-an-aat-licence/services-covered-by-an-AAT-licence.

Financial accounting and accounts preparation for sole traders and partnerships: How far does this extend? P/L reports, to the trial balance? What am I expected to provide under this heading?

Value Added Tax: Do we deal directly with HMRC for this or does the client? What other tax reports or returns can I offer as a bookkeeper?

Thanks,

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I'm not a licensed bookkeeper and never have been so can't be 100%.
    However I'd interpret the above as you can prepare a full set of accounts but you cannot prepare the tax return. So this can be a P&L, Balance Sheet and full accounts.
    As for VAT, set yourself up with an agent account with HMRC and get authority to file on your clients behalf.
    Regards,

Burg
  • DannyT90
    DannyT90 Registered Posts: 158
    Do you need to set up as an Agent Account with HMRC in order to do VAT Returns on behalf of a client?
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    You don't need to as you could use the clients own login. It is however better and the correct process to have them on your own login.
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy