synoptic help

hello!

I’m sitting my exam in 3 weeks and honestly feel so nervous about it!

Can someone please tell me how much calculation is required for this exam and what the calculations are Based on?

Tia

Comments

• CornishPixie
    CornishPixie Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm assuming that you have looked through the mock papers? If not, that would be a good place to start as it will give you an idea of what is coming up in your exam.

Always remember that even a written question is very likely to need some calculations in it to back up any conclusions you arrive at, based on the question that you have in front of you in the exam. Therefore, I would say calculations in the majority of questions.

Ensure that you complete a full examination of the pre-release and undertake the necessary calculations so that you are confident of the actual financial position of the company in question - that will help to inform your exam answers.

Know your ratios inside out, upside down and back to front. Learn to love them - the payback will be worth all the effort.
  • Marshy77
    Marshy77 Registered Posts: 34
    Download/print the examiner report and the pre release. Read, read and read this - you need it.
    Make sure you refer back to the pre release in every task, if a written task, if possible as I'm pretty certain I gained mark from doing this even if my answer wasn't 100% correct.

The whole point of the pre release is to use it in the exam, so use it.

Ratio's are very good to know as there's a full section on it, very easy marks if you know them.
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @bethany_ford Synoptic exam is out of all previous units you've done, therefore you can be asked to calculate anything from previous units. Budgeting / Ratios will be included 100%.

If the question is written, your answer will barely attract any marks if it is not backed up by the calculations extracted from the question or the information given. Therefore the majority of the exam is based on calculations.

You need to be comfortable with writing in clear and structured manner so someone who is not an accountant will understand what you mean and what you're trying to say.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Staceydanielsx
    Staceydanielsx Registered Posts: 40
    edited May 2019
    Hi Tia, Me too! Resitting mine a year after failing. Help needed :s
  • Dorota_1680
    Dorota_1680 Registered Posts: 59
    Hi ! My exam is in 2 weeks time and it would be mine 3rd attempt so worried that I may still fail this time round. I have revised using Osbourne, Kaplan and BPP books for the other two attempts and still failed. I have question re. Budgeting written task as I have found it completely different to the one I have seen it in study materials. Do you have any useful practice budgeting example to help me with this written tasks? Do you need to refer to pre-release materials to answers all written tasks in the exam?
Privacy Policy