Mortgage Reference - Countersigned

Options
Hi

I have had a mortgage reference for a client, rejected by Coventry, Godiva. It needs to be countersigned by another accounting body member.
Has anybody had to have this done?

I don't mix with other accountants much, that run their own practices and would have sufficient PII to cover this.
I have reported to AAT, they have said they are still trying to get Coventry on board.
Thanks
Sam

Comments

• Bmer82
    Bmer82 Registered Posts: 69
    Options
    a number of banks wont accept cima members either only aca/acca
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I had to get a counter signature. Luckily I know a nice accountant who was a member of one of the professional bodies they accept.
    Regards,

Burg
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Seems not. Yorkshire Building Society also do not accept AAT.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Options
    Purely out of interest, will the countersigning need to be performed by a Chartered with a PC or is being a member enough?

To me a MAAT with a PC is surely more relevant than a CIMA member who isn't a MIP.

Embarrassing to get it kicked back.

• JayB2606
    JayB2606 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Bertie said:

Purely out of interest, will the countersigning need to be performed by a Chartered with a PC or is being a member enough?

To me a MAAT with a PC is surely more relevant than a CIMA member who isn't a MIP.

Embarrassing to get it kicked back.

It depends - I would be unable to sign a mortgage certificate with out my ACCA PC as per ACCA Regulation 4(3)
    ACCA, FMAAT, Licenced Accountant and ACCA Practising Certificate
  • PhilHallAAT
    PhilHallAAT Registered, Moderator Posts: 80 mod
    Options
    The above is now out of date and inaccurate.

I'm pleased to confirm that Coventry Building Society/Godiva Mortgages have recognised AAT members since October 2017 and there is therefore no need to get another accountant to countersign such a mortgage certificate.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Another huge win for the AAT (after Home Office recognition). I'm sure many, if not most, AAT licensed members have constant problems with Coventry Building Society and dread dealing with them. It is really great to see that more and more organizations are taking AAT seriously and value it just as much as the other accountancy bodies. I no longer need to worry about "only" being a FMAAT. The membership fees are definitely value for money. I've been a member for 7+ years and, for me, this is definitely the best year to be an AAT member thus far.
  • usrijana
    usrijana Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hello,
    Can some one please guide me reset the Gov. ID and password for the client ?
    Actually one of my client he started with me from this month and he could not find his Gov. ID when I asked with his previous accountant they said the client have got it. When I tried to reset ID and password through hmrc website it shows you can not do it online please visit the another page. I have stated as licenced accountant and want to provide proactive professional service . I hope I will get help to solve this.
Privacy Policy