If I self study without a training provider, how do I become a student member?

Bewleyg100
Bewleyg100 Registered Posts: 4
Since there doesn't seem to be an option in the sign up process, how would I proceed with registration?

I am aware from other threads that the AAT assess the exams themselves, not the training provider, so I don't see the need in paying the premium when the literally provide no input into my learning.

TIA

Comments

• davealucas
    davealucas Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can make your application to become a student member on the AAT website.
  • Bewleyg100
    Just to clarify I am aware of the sign-up procedure, my question is about the drop down menu for training providers. If I do not have a training provider how do I move past this part of the application?

Does it even matter?
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    edited June 2019
    You need to choose Unattached student from the drop down menu
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Bewleyg100
    I can't find that option to select, does it matter if I just pick a random one?
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    edited June 2019
    I don't think it does, but when you find a venue to sit the exam you need to call AAT to update it with the organisation you are going to sit the exam
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Bewleyg100
    So I've resolved this with the aat, turns out if your self studying you need to request an application form via the phone and just fill in self study, they then manually register you.

But of a faff but worth the savings.

Thanks for the help.
Privacy Policy