Distinction/merit/pass

Options
Hi all
Received business tax result today and have to say was a little disappointed in my mark.
I passed but it has been my lowest mark in all my exams so far across all the levels.
I have done two exams and so have four more to go.
Question is do people care that much about the levels ?
I did and wanted a distinction throughout but just want to get this level four out the way now. Is that people’s general consensus?
Thanks all just wanted different viewpoints really

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Parki82 said:

Hi all

Received business tax result today and have to say was a little disappointed in my mark.

I passed but it has been my lowest mark in all my exams so far across all the levels.

I have done two exams and so have four more to go.

Question is do people care that much about the levels ?

I did and wanted a distinction throughout but just want to get this level four out the way now. Is that people’s general consensus?

Thanks all just wanted different viewpoints really

For me whether it was pass or distinction was completely irrelevant. The chances of you employer asking what grade did you get in your AAT exams is very slim. My employer didn't even asked for proof that I've completed L4. The grade only shows that you done your revision, can you apply this in practice is the real question.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Rusty1985
    Rusty1985 Registered Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi Parki,

I wouldn't worry to much about the actual results. I always said to myself I would like Distinction in L2, Merit L3 and Pass L4. Although I got better than anticipated with distinctions in L2 & L3 I will not get a distinction in L4, its looking like a Merit. (When you get to L4 you just want to pass it). Whilst getting interviews for my recent job, they only asked if I passed the AAT, to which I said "Yes". I would be stunned if they asked what grade. One more thing to remember is the Business Tax is just a option and worth 10%, the maximum it can effect your entire overall L4 result is 3%, as 70% pass is 7% of the entire L4 or 100% for example worth 10%. If you do a good synoptic exam you will pull the result back so dont worry to much.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Really would like to achieve Distinctions but It will be very tough. I achieved
    A distinction in foundation level and need a mid 80''s result in the advanced synoptic to achieve a distinction.
    But we'll see
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Parki82
    Parki82 Registered Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    Think I’m just a little frustrated with myself more than anything really.
    I mean let’s face it what are the chances of getting in the 90+ for the synoptic??
    I achieved the distinction for level 2 and 3 and desperately wanted it for 4 but I’m just wanting to get through it now.. think that’s more because of the result.
    But like you say can we apply it in practice is the real question and it’s kind of knocked my confidence a little now but onward an upward hey..
    2 down 4 to go...
    Where is everyone else at?
  • Rusty1985
    Rusty1985 Registered Posts: 57
    Options
    I got 77% in one exam (Decision and Control) and wasnt happy, but then again the pass rate is 70%. I think sometimes we all need a reality check, the exams get harder, the pass rate is quite high for an exam. Keep at it, your passing everything else, just continue to apply yourself and you will be fine. Do not let it knock your confidence, your passing a difficult exam, you should be proud. I have taken all my exams, but awaiting the result of my synoptic, if I get 70% I would be delighted as its all about finishing it now.
  • Parki82
    Parki82 Registered Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for the comments.
    Be interesting to know the jump in difficulty between level 4 to cima or Acca?
    What are your plans after results?
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    Options
    @Parki82 in my experiences in CIMA, there's way more content to learn, so requires a lot more time and discipline. The objective tests are nice because they're 1.5 hours and you get the result straightaway, but they are really intense when calculations are involved. The case studies at the end of each level are 3 hours and are really tough!
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
Privacy Policy