ACCA Corporate and business law exam

Options
Hello, has anyone recently passed that exam? Can I please get some feedback in terms of difficulty and how long did it take you to study it? Did you pass first time?

I find it a bit wordy, but some very similar content from AAT 4

If anyone just starting ACCA I wil be happy to know how they are getting on..
AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
Xero Certified Advisor

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    @dumutroba

I barely did any revision for this exam, I completed the whole exam in around 30 minutes (thats with me going over twice over the questions) got around 80% I think..

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    Options
    Thanks Norvydas,

Good to hear that, so I can crack on with the F5 Management performance. Any advice on that one will be much appreciated

Regards
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Norvydas
    Options
    @dumutroba

No worries. I did F5 in my last exam session. I spent around 1.5 months on revising for it, it is a lot to go through but I found it interesting so it wasn't that bad.

I did pass it, but I know I definitely got 0 marks in one of the C questions which is worth 20 marks because I didn't do any revision on environmental costing and on Building Blocks & Fitzgeralds theory, and to my surprise one of the questions worth 20 marks was exactly about this...So make sure you revise this!!

I am prepping for F6 now which I will take in September, struggling with finding time to revise for this exam as so far I've only done like 1 months worth of revision... and my exam is in 2 weeks...

Good luck with your studies!

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • dumutroba
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, I did also enjoy accounting management in my past studies
    I am hoping to sit law this autumn and maybe December will be F5(still waiting for last aat results and acca exemptions, uh)
    Tax I never quite liked though (just stepped on the wrong foot with it) bu I am hoping to catch up with it in January 2020

I am using mainly bpp e books and opentuition.com. I find the latter supprisingly helpful

Good luck with your studies
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Norvydas
    Options
    @dumutroba

Thank you :)

I work predominantly with companies so Corporation Tax isn't so bad, however I don't have experience on Personal Tax therefore that's all new to me!

I am using Kaplan books and open-tuition too, and I agree Open-tuition is extremely helpful! I will hopefully see you in there forum soon then!

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Options
    I took F4 and F5 together...Corporate Law exam was pretty easy, I did minimal revision for it and passed first-time with 65% (in my defence, I was actually feeling ill that week xD).

Performance Management I took the following day (after a small debacle at the examination centre, but that didn't really affect much once I was actually sitting down in the exam. I didn't get any of the really awkward topics like Fitzgerald's theory or the Building Blocks analysis, but be aware that some of the questions will feel like it's asking you "if this is the answer, what is the question?".

What I mean by that - in class, you'll study a topic one way, using certain information to find specific answers. There's formulae to help you figure out the calculations. But in the exam, it might give you a different piece of information and expect you to remember the formula and rearrange it in your head to calculate a different piece of information. Be prepared for that kind of mental twisting.

All that being said, I actually passed that one as well (I think with a 64 iirc), and am now looking to take F6 Taxation and F8 Audit starting next month. I wish the courses for them didn't finish the day before the exam though! xD
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • dumutroba
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks KoopaCoper for the input and very best of luck with the exams! I am definitely starting on management next week then
    Xero Certified Advisor
Privacy Policy