Anybody sitting the L4 Synoptic this month?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jasmin
    Jasmin Registered Posts: 10
    Options
    Is it useful to do the green light test before synoptic exam?
  • dmoores2002
    dmoores2002 Registered Posts: 12
    Options
    Mine is on Friday the 22nd and I'm beyond nervous. I feel like no matter how much I revise, I still feel lost. I looked at some practice questions on Kaplan for Task 1 and they were double-entry journals, adjustments and control accounts!! I find it difficult to believe those types of questions will appear on Friday, but it's certainly got me scared. Any tips would be most welcome! Thanks, Debbie
  • dmoores2002
    Options
    @rachmcfc How did your exam go? Mine is on Friday and I'm so worried.
  • dmoores2002
    Options
    Jasmin said:

I was wondering the same thing....about the Lucky Dip questions. @Emmalouise18 did you find these lucky dip questions to be beneficial? Thanks!

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

Jasmin said:

I was wondering the same thing....about the Lucky Dip questions. @Emmalouise18 did you find these lucky dip questions to be beneficial? Thanks!

I did do some green light tests yes. I also bought a BPP book which allowed me more online resources on BPP website and they had similar to green light test. There is no harm is doing a few green light tests. Everyone revises in different ways and its good to find a way that works for you :)
  • Jasmin
    Options
    @Emmalouise18 But there are some questions about consolidation which is not coming to exam. Although I have studied so hard but still got scared, I found AAT sample questions so difficult? I got 63 last time and so disappointed ☹️
  • Emmalouise18
    Options
    Jasmin said:

@Emmalouise18 But there are some questions about consolidation which is not coming to exam. Although I have studied so hard but still got scared, I found AAT sample questions so difficult? I got 63 last time and so disappointed ☹️

Consolidation is not in the exam at all. The only part of financial statements that comes into the synoptic exam is Ratios. I think the green light tests are a mixture of all questions from Budgeting / Financial Statements/ Decision and control.

63 % is amazing! Don't knock yourself! You was so so close. I got 53% on my first attempt and then 77% on my second attempt.

Good luck! x
  • Jasmin
    Options
    I just try to read and read AAT sample questions and answers but still I don’t understand some answers last time I didn’t have time to answer task 2 as well. How did u manage to get 77?
  • Emmalouise18
    Options
    Jasmin said:

I just try to read and read AAT sample questions and answers but still I don’t understand some answers last time I didn’t have time to answer task 2 as well. How did u manage to get 77?

Ah no I'm sorry to hear that. I did the questions in a different order (below) which helps as it allows you more time to answer the bigger questions:

Question 1
    Question 3
    Question 5
    Question 6
    Question 4 or 2

Getting the smaller questions done earlier on, frees up more time to concentrate on the bigger questions.

I bought the BPP Synoptic question bank which really helped me. It has so many variation of questions in. I also did revision flash cards to remember ratios/ definitions/ different types of budgets and pros and cons to each etc.

Thank you :)
  • Jasmin
    Options
    Thank you for prompt reply. I have done Kaplan exam book and BPP as well but still I have struggled for AAT Sample questions? I have an exam on Thursday and I really want to cry because I think I’m not ready yet.

Thank you
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Jasmin have you read the AAT sample (not the practice) it gives a breakdown of the type of answer would get a certain number of marks.

I did a similar order to Emma but did 5 before 3. I think this makes a big difference as it helps you not get wrapped up in long answers before doing the quick ones. I feel the way to approach the written part was to

1. State what you see (add any definitions that you need.)
    2. State what changes (if any) you would make. (Could be fixed budget to a flexed budget) Explain the reasoning and perform back up calculations. (In this example could be variances)
    3. State why those changes are a better representation for the business. (This is a good place to link to pre release material).
    4. Write a brief conclusion with any further considerations.

I'd make sure to use your scrap paper on all the written sections, read the question first to know what you're looking for and then on the first read through of the text use the scrap to write down anything that seems relevant (only needs to be note form for you to work off) Then approach your answer as stated above should help in a lot of situations and you can probably modify it to suit if there's a part missing or more to add.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Jasmin
    Options
    Yes I have done that one? Thank you so much for your help
  • Emmalouise18
    Options
    Jasmin said:

Yes I have done that one? Thank you so much for your help

Try not to worry about the exam. Yes- its a different style of exam and the last one of Level 4. However most of it is probably your nerves getting the better of you, and you will know the answers, its just you panic and worry (like me) and you also watching the clock all the time.

Good Luck for Thursday :)
Privacy Policy