AAT Qualified Salary

Options
Emmalouise18
Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hey guys..

Does anyone know roughly what salary we should be earning after completing the full AAT qualification?

I have researched and looked at job adverts to get an idea but some are high and some are low.

Any advice is welcomed? :)

Thank you

Comments

• TarynPitchfork
    TarynPitchfork Registered Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Emma,

Have you looked at the attached? I'm using this when i have my yearly review meeting now I'm MAAT

Hope this helps :)
  • Emmalouise18
    Options
    Hello,

Yes I have had a look at that but it doesn't seem clear to me.

There is different salaries depending which region you are in/ age/ gender etc.

I'm MAAT also but have no idea what salary I should be earning :(

Thank you :)
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Average salary for MAAT = £28k

...I only went up to £19k last year after becoming MAAT! xD (Before that, I was actually on minimum wage, about £14½k full-time)

So yeah, always remember to take averages with an (average-sized) pinch of salt! ;)

And before anyone asks, yes I work in London! That's the perils of working in a small practice, it's hard to get a competitive salary.
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • Emmalouise18
    Options
    Ok thank you very much for the guide.

I work in East Yorkshire and the average for this area is £25k.

Thank you :)
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited January 2020
    Options
    This will vary depending on your location, your current position, whether you are working in practice or industry and ultimately the size of the company.

The AAT salary guide which someone posted above is very helpful, these are averages however I used it at my last company to help achieve a pay increase!

There shouldn't be any differences of salary due to Age/Gender though, that is VERY illegal..... There should only be differences on experiences/qualifications and perhaps service with the company?....
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Emmalouise18
    Options
    amurray said:

This will vary depending on your location, your current position, whether you are working in practice or industry and ultimately the size of the company.

The AAT salary guide which someone posted above is very helpful, these are averages however I used it at my last company to help achieve a pay increase!

There shouldn't be any differences of salary due to Age/Gender though, that is VERY illegal..... There should only be differences on experiences/qualifications and perhaps service with the company?....

Thank you very much.

I work in industry and the only person that does accounts work at the company. We are a small company that offer secured loans against properties.

On the AAT Salary Survey it shows different salaries for male and female. It is very illegal I know, they shouldn't be promoting this!

I have been at my job 7 years (just over) and been working in accounts for the last 5 years.

:)
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Emma,

It sounds like you could be in a good position to push for a pay increase then (however being a small company, there may be a smaller budget for the 'pay rise' area). You can compare what you earn against the market average for said job, what you do within your role (duties etc), maybe compare this to jobs being advertised on job websites, the likes of Indeed or Reed, which will give you an indication to what other companies are paying for the same skillset and requirements (ofcourse perhaps these jobs are within different industries and the size of the companies will be a big factor, so therefore we can expect some differences with these two factors).

I don't think the AAT are promoting it, as they are a very diverse organisation! - I think they are just showing how the market currently is and how it operates. Ofcourse we have heard so much in the news over the last few years about the 'Gender Pay Gap' which alot of companies have done and are continuing to do some great work to change this! (Its sad really that this ever existed, how awful that one sex can earn more than another!), I am a total advocate for Equality & Diversity. Everyone should have the right to the same ££ and opportunities, if they can demonstrate the experience/qualification required in order to carry out that particular job, then they should have a chance at it!

Good luck for discussing your pay review! - keep positive whatever the outcome :):+1:
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy