SELF STUDY LEVEL 2

Hi,
Is there anybody out there, who have successfully (or unsuccessfully), self taught themselves the Foundation course? Anybody whos currently self studying or, like myself, is considering to start their career in accountancy. I ve been thinking about it for sometime, and with the lockdown situation and so much free time on my hands ,I think now is the best moment to try it!

I ve seen the previous posts on this topic as well. They were really helpful, but last one was made 3 years ago, so things might have changed.

I d be really grateful you You could share Your experience (what was your background/circumstances when You started to self study? did You find it hard? did it took you less then 6 months? how did you book exams?). Each One-Teach One. Lets connect!

Comments

• rosieobrien
    rosieobrien Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,

I am currently distance learning as an apprentice with EMA Training, Derby. I started my apprenticeship just after we went into lock down in the UK, and even though I have the support of my tutors and colleagues, I am still doing a lot of it independently, such as revision and extra study resources, webinars and YouTube videos and that sort of thing... in terms of booking exams, we are opening up again at EMA to support external learners book their exams...

EMA Training ( based in Derby City Centre, DE1 2PW ) are opening 6 days a week during July 2020 to support with the AAT assessment sittings, please read :

https://www.ematraining.co.uk/exam-online-booking

for more info please pm me or email/phone us via our website?
  • mr10
    mr10 Registered Posts: 26
    I also started self studying level 2 recently and am wondering how many hours a day I need to give it as I aim to complete it in 4 or 5 months.
  • casper01
    casper01 Registered Posts: 5
    I started level 2 as an apprentice, going into class one day a week (about 5 hours study time).
    This would last 1 academic year.
    The books were read to us. I could have done it myself at home.

After a couple of months in, I bought the first level 3 book off ebay and self studied at home.

Both level 2 and 3 can be done by yourselves in my opinion.
    It is easier when you have a designated desk or space to study and keep a track of hours spent and book exams to set goals.
  • mr10
    mr10 Registered Posts: 26
    > @casper01 said:
    > I started level 2 as an apprentice, going into class one day a week (about 5 hours study time).
    > This would last 1 academic year.
    > The books were read to us. I could have done it myself at home.
    >
    > After a couple of months in, I bought the first level 3 book off ebay and self studied at home.
    >
    > Both level 2 and 3 can be done by yourselves in my opinion.
    > It is easier when you have a designated desk or space to study and keep a track of hours spent and book exams to set goals.

How many hours a day to complete level 2 in 4-5 months in your opinion?
  • casper01
    casper01 Registered Posts: 5
    Depends how fast you are at learning but probably 8 ish hours per week.
Privacy Policy