Calculated

Options
My results for costing is 89%.controls 87% Accounting software 98% and transactions 70%. I'm having my synoptic exam calculated based on first 3 exams. Would be it be a pass.

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Bretton88,

There is an AAT grade calculator online which is quite useful, I enclose the web link below, not sure if its any help to you for this purpose?

https://www.aat.org.uk/my-qualifications/grade-calculator
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Bretton88
    Bretton88 Registered Posts: 23
    Options
    I've tried that but I don't know the sypnotic percentage as I haven't took the exam yet
  • amurray
    Options
    Ah right I see...
    Well if you put in your exams results as above, and a default 70% for the synoptic I imagine you would receive a PASS mark at a minimum, as your results are high percentages.
  • Bretton88
    Options
    Are they good results above ?
  • amurray
    Options
    They are very good results! - You should be proud of having achieved those - a fantastic achievement!

I am not sure on the weighting averages I cannot remember these, but you have some high results so maybe even a result of Merit? - best to check online with the calculator to see what the output is.

Personally I have always been happy with just a pass of 70% and believe that a PASS is a pass, you have shown competency whatever the % result (My first few exams were on the old AAT syllabus before the percentage results came into place).
  • Bretton88
    Options
    Well because I haven't took the synoptic, I put 70% and the overall grade was 80%
  • amurray
    Options
    Bretton88 said:

Well because I haven't took the synoptic, I put 70% and the overall grade was 80%

As mentioned they are fantastic results Bretton88, and therefore your Synoptic is marked at 70% you would indeed receive an overall mark of 80% which is a Merit per the below table from AAT's website.

Distinction: 90-100%
    Merit 80-89%
    Pass 70-79%
  • Bretton88
    Options
    So I should get my level 2 qualification this year
  • amurray
    Options
    I would say its best to check with the AAT on this, unless there is anything on your online 'MyAAT' login. Drop AAT a call to enquire.
  • Bretton88
    Options
    They don't tell you what the outcome will be will they ?
  • amurray
    Options
    No problems.

I am not sure, this hasn't been done before I don't believe, so its all very new. As mentioned its best to check with AAT directly. Best of luck for your final result! :)
  • Bretton88
    Options
    I take it your aware of the calculated result thing.
Privacy Policy