Covid 19 - staying motivated

Lewisham_lass
Lewisham_lass Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all.

I am studying for AAT Exams at the moment, and am finding it a challenge to remain focused.

I keep in mind that we are fortunate to have a lot more time to study and take mock tests etc, but would appreciate any tips on staying motivated to study in this strange period.

Does any one have any tips?

Comments

• RukH98
    RukH98 Registered Posts: 2
    Hiya Lewisham, I am in the exact same position as you are. It's difficult to focus especially with no teacher or lecturer to support you. I also have very little time on upcoming exams and studying ? so I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here.

What I would say to you is look how far you've come. You didn't come all this way just for it to end right away. You didn't waste all that money and investment in this course for nothing. Feel the need to be good at it then become better and never give up.

You could also try to exercise, go out for a run in the morning to get your day right. Allow yourself to have snacks while studying, like almonds, carrot sticks etc. Or force yourself to complete at least two/three chapters and then treat yourself once you've completed it with a brownie or a lovely meal.

I hope you have continued to work hard and study since then. We believe in you.

Best of luck.
  • Lewisham_lass
    Lewisham_lass Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    RukH98 said:

Hiya Lewisham, I am in the exact same position as you are. It's difficult to focus especially with no teacher or lecturer to support you. I also have very little time on upcoming exams and studying ? so I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here.

What I would say to you is look how far you've come. You didn't come all this way just for it to end right away. You didn't waste all that money and investment in this course for nothing. Feel the need to be good at it then become better and never give up.

You could also try to exercise, go out for a run in the morning to get your day right. Allow yourself to have snacks while studying, like almonds, carrot sticks etc. Or force yourself to complete at least two/three chapters and then treat yourself once you've completed it with a brownie or a lovely meal.

I hope you have continued to work hard and study since then. We believe in you.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the advice, really helped to keep going, have been studying quite a bit and have the exam in a week or so.

Hope you managed to get a good chunk of studies done too, it's hard not being in class but we have to keep end goal in sight.

Best of luck with your exam too!
Privacy Policy