E-Careers

Has anyone used e-Careers for their Level 2 training? I have just completed the first section and am finding the tutorial somewhat lacking. It doesn't appear to be detailed enough, the examples are few and far between and for a course pitched at someone new to accounting is not explaining things very clearly. There are things in the online self assessment that haven't even been discussed! I have bought the Osborne books and have learnt so much more from them. I have tried to cancel the course but they have come back and said because I have activated the voucher code they will not refund me. They have told me it was my responsibility to ensure the course was right for me but surely until you actually use it you can't be certain. Any advice anyone? I don't want to pay for a course I'm not going to benefit from.

Comments

• DavidMike
    DavidMike Registered Posts: 5
    You ask them to provide quality training without missing any concept them only pay for course. Tell them what they are lacking in training. They should provide you the practice papers & material.
  • jwren17
    jwren17 Registered Posts: 2
    I started with e careers and after paying the initial fee for the course I also find that they are lacking in tutorial curriculum. Have emailed them about it but now looking for recommendations of which study books to help learn from.
  • Quirkydamsel
    Quirkydamsel Registered Posts: 9
    Hi there,
    I'm studying with e-careers and am finding the same problem. I find the whole set up of the accounting course and Sage 50 very very complicated.
    I didn't start Sage for 5 weeks due to downloading issues, in the end just over a week ago, they sent me a stick with the download on. So much time as been wasted.

Plus, e-careers have replied to my numerous emails, but with nothing that has proved helpful. They said they'd ring me and I rearranged my plans to accommodate, to find that they never rang.

To date, they told me on 2 Oct that they would refer my query to a Manager and reply within 24-48 hours. I still haven't heard, along with my tutor not replying since I emailed him nearly two wks ago on Monday 24 Sept.

If I could switch providers, I would.

The forum isn't very helpful. I've had a lovely lady reply to my queries, but nothing that has helped my issue unfortunately.

Best of luck to you.
  • CraigJohn
    CraigJohn Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    I've been studying with e-Careers for a few months now and I don't seem to be finding any of the issues mentioned in this forum. They have sent me all the books I need to support the online course (at no additional cost) and I'm using the additional materials you get from the AAT membership (which they also give for free). Looks like they've taken feedback on board to be honest as I've got no complaints as of yet.
  • Diamond
    Diamond Registered Posts: 2
    Hi there, Recently I am on maternity and just decided that I don’t want to go back into restaurant management.
    I’m considering to start level 2 &3 plus CeMAP to gain the licenses within a year. (Hopefully:) )

There are so many providers and it’s difficult to choose one - ecareers offered me the combined Aat course(they use Kaplan books) plus the CeMAP a good price, plus free laptop(guess it’s a rubbish but still:) and the Aat membership includes.

So now, I’m confused if I should buy the books myself and start or to purchase the courses.

Any advice will be much appreciated
  • Diamond
    Diamond Registered Posts: 2
    Hi CraigJohn,
    Are you still happy with E-careers?

> @CraigJohn said:
    > I've been studying with e-Careers for a few months now and I don't seem to be finding any of the issues mentioned in this forum. They have sent me all the books I need to support the online course (at no additional cost) and I'm using the additional materials you get from the AAT membership (which they also give for free). Looks like they've taken feedback on board to be honest as I've got no complaints as of yet.
  • catherine56
    catherine56 Registered Posts: 1
    I am looking to start AAT Level 2 an 3 online. I have been in contact with e-Careers who have given me a good price compared to my local college, can anyone advise if this is the right way to go with the AAT courses and whether e-Careers would be a good choice to go with?
  • Gaz
    Gaz Registered Posts: 9
    I'm with e-careers. I've contacted their tutors on a couple of occasions and have found them generally unhelpful. They seem more interested in taking your money than providing a good service.
Privacy Policy