Have AAT given up on remote assessments? ..?

Options
thelowendtheory18
thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
CIMA & ACCA have been running remote assessments since last summer..... what is causing the Hold up?
AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21

Comments

• Lewisham_lass
    Lewisham_lass Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I think they were worried about the possibility of cheating if we are not in the exam centres being watched in person. I have just my final exam to go now, which has been cancelled so obviously gutted. Would be a great help if we could do them remotely, so close now! I think for those of us who had exams planned last March, and had to wait until Sep to start taking exams again, it has been a really long delay. Would be good if they could look again at remote invigilation.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm assuming CIMA ACCA etc are also concerned with cheating but they've still managed to get it done, strange......
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Lewisham_lass
    Lewisham_lass Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited January 2021
    Options

I'm assuming CIMA ACCA etc are also concerned with cheating but they've still managed to get it done, strange......

Yeah, there must be a way to ensure we can continue our qualifications in a timely manner, especially since the other accounting qualifications seem to have managed this. I've been studying for three years, and so close to finishing now. Need to move on to ACCA, and apply for exemptions etc over summer so no room for further delay really. Giving me a headache thinking about if this lockdown is as long as the first one! Think they justified it by saying AAT was an important , prestigious qualification, and therefore any possibility of cheating could risk that prestigious status. Shouldn't be a problem though, if more 'prestigious' qualifications such as ACCA have managed to ensure exams continue and retain that all important prestigious status, haha!
  • rosieobrien
    rosieobrien Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Lockdown Exams can continue in centres with AAT... We are an exam centre open in Derbyshire Area.

AAT have recently announced that all AAT Assessments can continue, understanding that the exam centre meets all Government guidance to be able to safely deliver the exams.

EMA Training, based in Derby, has remained open since July, despite various different types of restrictions, and still remains open for external exams today! We have even been quoted as "one of the safest education centre's" since COVID-19!

For more information, please visit our website : ematraining.co.uk ?
Privacy Policy