Exams Cancelled

Lewisham_lass
Lewisham_lass Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all!

I had my final AAT exam booked for Feb 2020.

This has been cancelled by Kaplan, as apparently it is no longer legal to hold exams in Feb, if I understood their email correctly.

Just wanted to check if I have understood correctly, I am so close to finishing my qualification so really gutted over this.

I know it's important to lockdown though, I guess they have to do what is necessary.

Appreciate any input :)

Comments

• rosieobrien
    rosieobrien Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    AAT have recently announced that all AAT Assessments can continue, understanding that the exam centre meets all Government guidance to be able to safely deliver the exams.

EMA Training, based in Derby, has remained open since July, despite various different types of restrictions, and still remains open for external exams today! We have even been quoted as "one of the safest education centre's" since COVID-19!

For more information, please visit our website : ematraining.co.uk , where if you wish, you can book an exam for as soon as you wish?
  • Lewisham_lass
    Thanks , I appreciate it. I may have a look later on :)
  • HelensDesk
    HelensDesk Registered Posts: 4
    Had a bizarre conversation with someone from AAT this week. It appears my student membership has now lapsed so they want me to pay for a new year's membership + £35 admin fee as my membership is lapsed. I am just trying to finish my 'one year'(!) AAT Level 3 course I started at my local college in September 2019. We should have taken our final exam in June last year but obviously everything was cancelled then delayed due to Covid. The woman I spoke to says I could have still have taken my exam as 'all the colleges are open' and the exam centres are open 'depending on what tier your area is in'??!! I am under the impression we are in a NATIONAL LOCKDOWN. That's what I keep hearing on the news and gov website. Out of interest I did as she suggested and searched online for my 'local' exam centre which would be a 40 mile round trip. I called - but they are closed - due to the national lockdown! Would driving for 40 miles or more be classed as 'essential travel' under the current restrictions? I am sooooo frustrated and disillusioned with AAT. If this is how they respond to students it does not make me want to join their merry band when I eventually mansge to qualify :( Feeling very fed up.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi. I sat an exam in September and December last year after the originally lockdown.... I'm not sure if the AAT are implying that you could have sat the exam from july - December???
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • Lewisham_lass

Had a bizarre conversation with someone from AAT this week. It appears my student membership has now lapsed so they want me to pay for a new year's membership + £35 admin fee as my membership is lapsed. I am just trying to finish my 'one year'(!) AAT Level 3 course I started at my local college in September 2019. We should have taken our final exam in June last year but obviously everything was cancelled then delayed due to Covid. The woman I spoke to says I could have still have taken my exam as 'all the colleges are open' and the exam centres are open 'depending on what tier your area is in'??!! I am under the impression we are in a NATIONAL LOCKDOWN. That's what I keep hearing on the news and gov website. Out of interest I did as she suggested and searched online for my 'local' exam centre which would be a 40 mile round trip. I called - but they are closed - due to the national lockdown! Would driving for 40 miles or more be classed as 'essential travel' under the current restrictions? I am sooooo frustrated and disillusioned with AAT. If this is how they respond to students it does not make me want to join their merry band when I eventually mansge to qualify :( Feeling very fed up.

Ah no! I believe some people queried travel for exams with AAT on twitter, and they responded that this is allowed according to the official regulations as it is for educational/study purposes. Of course whether you are willing to travel or not is completely up to the individual to decide, I would not travel more than 1 hr to an exam as I think it goes against the spirit of the current and previous lockdown. It is really difficult. I called a few centres and found one nearby that will host my exam so I am to take mine soon enough, but if you are not near a centre hosting exams I feel for you, it is like your future is put on hold. We will get there in the end! :)
Privacy Policy