What software would you recommend for accountants?

laura1312
laura1312 Registered Posts: 2
Hi

I've recently become self employed, offering accountancy, bookkeeping & payroll services. I've had a couple enquiries from small companies/ sole traders that wish to outsource their bookkeeping and/or payroll completely. I've only ever used Sage but any recommendations for software for this? i.e what software out there do you recommend that is tailored for this? Software that can cater for multiple clients? Any help at all would be appreciated

Thank

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    There are lots of different softwares available but I think the most used are Quickbooks and Xero and if some clients already have software it is likely to be one of these
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • iech2020
    iech2020 Registered Posts: 3
    I find quickbooks really hard to use. The 2 I would lean towards are Sage (probably the online version) and Xero. Although other ones to check out would be Kashflow (although reports can let them down) and FreeAgent. Sage and Xero both have payroll addons and I believe so does Kashflow. AutoEntry and Hubdoc are worth checking out for invoice and bank statement processing too.
  • douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 295 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Moneysoft for payroll, VT for bookkeeping and Taxfiler for accounts submission
Privacy Policy