The cheapest way to do Level 3

Za_Lavelle
Za_Lavelle Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi, I would like to start at Level 3 but not sure if this is the cheapest option to achieve this.

1)Register with AAT.
2)Buy the books myself - any recommendations for providers and second hand options would be
appreciated
3) Plan to sit the exams at Kaplan as its close to me but will investigate further

Does anyone have any experience of trying to complete this way?
Many thanks

Comments

• beccylevel3
    beccylevel3 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi i am studying level 3 and have been for two months. I was completely stuck with what option to go with in the end I opted for Mcarthur Morgan. On demand course its 675 for the course I pay 50 a month. They send all books videos etc and it's brilliant completely at my own pace. Thanks Beccy
  • beccylevel3
    I'm also using a kaplan centre in Southampton to do my exams
  • beccylevel3
    But also if I'm completely honest I could have just bought the books through kaplan and did the practice mocks through aat until I was confident. There's always that option
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It depends on the cost of the books. It might be cheaper to get the self study options from some providers where they'll send you the books (study and question) and provide some extra support simply because they'll get a discount on the books..

I used Accountancy Learning their current Level 3 cost for self study is £279 and the tutor is £749. You pay for your exams yourself with these options.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • DiamondDays
    DiamondDays Registered Posts: 3
    I do complete home learning, buy the books from Osbourne and then, when I feel ready, book exams through a local centre. It suits me but might not be for everyone, it does demand a lot of willpower to force yourself to study. It's probably not the quickest route as having classes would be more structured, but this way fits into my life a lot better.
  • Jay36598
    Jay36598 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    @Za_Lavelle — all amazing replies above, but always do your search. The cheapest way to do it is always self-study, but do remember that self-study is not for everyone. Its not a disadvantage by any standard, it is just that you should have self-study skills which are easy to master.

I did self-study only and it worked wonders for me. I can share my experience which might be helpful:

— Don't just buy books on their own, assessment by assessment. That will take a lot of effort to organise. Instead, there are plenty of online course providers who provide texts, lectures videos, practice assessment, and mocks as a package. That works out to have most value.

— Go for online course providers' self-study package. Prices vary, but you can find good value around £50-£75 per month. If you search, there are some providers who offer whole of AAT L2, L3, and L4 for a monthly payment of around £50 upwards, which then literally brings it down to how committed, dedicated, and well-paced you are on your own.
    AAT Student Member, 2021
    L2 (93%), L3 (90%), L4 (on-going)
Privacy Policy