Late night studying

livintiv
livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
(Let's conveniently ignore the fact that I have to work tomorrow)

Does anyone find inheritance tax just...superbly fascinating?
Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo! :#
MAAT - April 2022
Currently working through ACCA

Comments

• LeapyUK
    LeapyUK Registered Posts: 34
    I've been doing the Personal Tax mock exams, including Inheritance Tax, in the Osborne books and also on the Learning Portal.

Tax is fascinating for sure. I remember when I first looked at this module and thought how am I going to know all of this?

Now I know all the exemptions, thresholds, etc off by heart and I'm ready to tackle the exam next week ? studying several nights and most weekends in plenty of time before the exam really pays off.
  • livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am bit behind you in the preparation and I am a bit overwhelmed by all the exemptions etc for income tax! I've always found IHT (and the concept of it) interesting, even before I began studying AAT - for some reason the other taxes don't hold the same kind of sway.

Back to the revision :lol:
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Tax is interesting I would have to agree that the hardest part of the tax calculations is remembering all the different exemptions and the rules around them. I also find looking at different ways of earning the same amount of money (difference between dividend and wage etc) inteteresting. Especially when you look at the potential impact on corp tax as well.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22