Level 4 Self Study

Options
Hi all, I have previously studied AAT levels 2, 3 and some of level 4 and then took a break for various reasons. I am looking to reinstate my membership and finish my level 4 studies however, I was wondering how successful people have been with self studying?

I have previously studied in a college/ classroom setting so this will be a little different for me but I feel confident that I will be able to do it. My main concern is the Synoptic Assessment; how is this assessed if you self study?

Thanks x

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I was with a provider and had a tutor but only used them for having mock papers marked all the study i did on my own time + some time from work.

Unless you do an apprenticeship all the assessment is exam based including the synoptic.

Whether you pass or not will come down to you as everyone learns differently. I thrived with what I did and passed them all no problem so it is possible if it works for you.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • FayeFisher88
    FayeFisher88 Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Pian32 said:

I was with a provider and had a tutor but only used them for having mock papers marked all the study i did on my own time + some time from work.

Unless you do an apprenticeship all the assessment is exam based including the synoptic.

Whether you pass or not will come down to you as everyone learns differently. I thrived with what I did and passed them all no problem so it is possible if it works for you.

Thank you for your reply and apologies for not replying to you sooner!

I have successfully reinstated my membership so I guess I now just need to start studying again! In regards to doing the assessments, did you just book them in yourself and then the results would appear on your AAT account?

Also, could you possibly help in terms of study materials. Did you use the text books, etc relating to the year in which you were studying, or are any of the books ok to use providing they relate to AQ2016?

Many thanks
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    No problem.

At level 4 I used the osborne books. Most of the books should be okay to use as long as its the correct AQ version, the exception to this would be the tax books which are updated yearly. (This might apply to other options I didn't take as well.)

Exams I booked at a center myself and the results appeared on the AAT site on the results day for that exam (roughly 6 weeks).
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22