Anyone want to buddy up for AAT Level 4?

GJM
GJM Registered Posts: 15
Hi

I am currently studying for my AAT level 3 exams which are across the coming three weeks.

I studied level 2 at a local college with BPP and have studied level 3 via Kaplan by self study as I now have a trainee role at an accountancy firm and that was my employer's preference.

There isn't anyone else at work doing the training with me and I have missed having a study buddy who I can compare answers and talk through topics with and just generally miss having someone to chat to who is in the same boat.

After level 3 (fingers crossed I pass...) my employer wants me to do level 4 by self study too, starting this year, although it is up to me whether I chose Kaplan or BPP and tbh, I may go back to BPP just because I have found the lack of workings and errors through the Kaplan textbooks quite frustrating at times.

I am based in Hampshire but am happy with an online buddy if no one is local as I study evenings and weekends around work.

If anyone likes the idea of a level 4 companion let me know and if anyone else also has exams in the coming weeks - good luck! =)

Grace

Comments

• Moi
    Moi Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Hi, I'm looking to buddy up too if you are interested. I'm studying Level 3 with 2 exams passed, so 3 left from this level and could use a buddy to study. I'm not sure how it works on here as I only used this forum few times.
  • GJM
    edited May 2021
    Will reply properly to your other message, Moi :)
  • Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Grace,

I have my synoptic on level 3 in 6 weeks and indirect tax to finish after that. If you need an extra study buddy for level 4 let me know

Chris
  • GJM
    Hi Chris, will send you a message :)
  • Moy
    Moy Registered Posts: 13
    Hi Grace! I have studied level 2 at a college and I am thinking to study level 3 by my self but buying the material, but I don't know if it is possible or very difficult. How many hours did you study per week? Thanks!
  • GJM
    Moy said:

Hi Grace! I have studied level 2 at a college and I am thinking to study level 3 by my self but buying the material, but I don't know if it is possible or very difficult. How many hours did you study per week? Thanks!

Hi Moy :)

I have been very lucky as although I ended up taking level 3 in a very short time period (from buying all the books to finishing the exams it was 9 weeks - really not something I recommend!) I have no children and a very supportive husband who took on all the cooking and housework for the period so I was able to study uninterrupted for a few hours after work each evening Monday to Friday and then all day Saturday and Sunday, so all in all for those 9 weeks it was around 40+ hours of study per week.

I am going to be self-studying level 4 but will be looking at one module at a time and aiming to spend 15-20 hours per week studying.

Everyone is different though and I appreciate that I am only able to study for so many hours per week because, outside of my Monday to Friday, 9-5, I have the luxury of no additional commitments. I honestly don't know how parents find time to eat, let alone study, anyone doing training alongside parenting is amazing.

When are you looking at starting level 3?
  • Moy
    Moy Registered Posts: 13
    Hi Grace,

I was thinking to start in September (at the college) or by my self (any time) but I can't dedicate to many hours as you did because of my job and family. Maybe 15h per week. So I don t know what to do about this. Maybe I start buying the first book and to check it and after I will decide. Thank you very much Grace! Good luck with the level 4.
  • TJNayyar
    TJNayyar Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Grace I just started L4 self-study using Osborne materials and would be interested in buddy in up as online companions. I’ll be doing it evenings and weekends too self-study. I think I will aim for 8 hours per week.

Hope L3 exams went well.

Have you decided what resources you’re going with? I felt the same frustration with Kaplan.

Regards

Trupti
  • GJM
    TJNayyar said:

Hi Grace I just started L4 self-study using Osborne materials and would be interested in buddy in up as online companions. I’ll be doing it evenings and weekends too self-study. I think I will aim for 8 hours per week.

Hope L3 exams went well.

Have you decided what resources you’re going with? I felt the same frustration with Kaplan.

Regards

Trupti

Hi Trupti

I will send you a message :)
Privacy Policy