Real life scenario

Options
Gdh
Gdh Registered Posts: 6
Hi everyone. I’m trying to get my head around reconciling the cash book in the real life scenario but I am stuck. AAT don’t seem to elaborate on reconciling the cash book as it looks like it is done differently then the other control accounts.

In the file I have attached it shows the calculation of Outstanding transactions (debit side) 327.40 and 154.30 in the debit side, and 481.50 on the credit side on the example. I can see the two debit side values on the bank statement but where is the value 481.50?!?!?

My question is, where did this 481.50 come from???

The only thing I can come up with is, is it supposed to be the two debits added up but written down incorrectly?

Thank you.

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    From what I can see it is not a credit but is meant to be the sum of the debits.

It doesn't match for some reason but think of it as a sub total for the change needed.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • 21rhysward
    21rhysward Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi. There is no debit or credit side as such on the bank reconciliation statement.

You simply work from the bank statement balance to the cashbook balance by taking off unpresented cheques and adding on outstanding lodgements - or vice versa depending on if you start off the other way around.

That figure in the right hand column is usually the total figure for that section.
Privacy Policy